Organic Pigments: Introduction
- Organic pigments are artificially synthesized carbon compounds that are used to impart color to substances. They impart transparent colors as opposed to inorganic ones, which produce opaque colors. However, some of the organic pigments synthesized have opaque colors.
- Organic pigments possess high color strength, but poor dispersibility. They have limited solubility in water, organic solvents, and various kinds of media. Organic pigments are non-toxic and have a better environmental profile vis-à-vis organic pigments, which are toxic and contain metals such as lead and cadmium.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Organic Pigments Market
- The organic pigments market has been expanding steadily since the last few years. These pigments are environmentally friendly. This is a major driver of the market. These pigments are widely used in food & beverages and cosmetics industries. They are also used in masterbatches for imparting colors to plastics.
- Rapid urbanization and rise in infrastructure spending are expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Increase in demand for organic products due to changing customer preferences, is also driving the organic pigments market.
- Organic pigments are widely used in the food & beverages segment. This is anticipated to drive the demand for organic pigments during the forecast period.
- High cost of organic pigments is a restraint to the organic pigments market. High cost of organic pigments is particularly hampering the paints & coatings segment in regions where regulations are not stringent and inorganic pigments are still the dominant type.
- Rise in popularity of mixed metal oxide based inorganic pigments is another challenge faced by the organic pigments market. Mixed metal oxide based inorganic pigments are non-toxic. They are used as an alternatives to lead chromate pigments.
Organic Pigments: Type Segment
- Based on type, the organic pigments market can be segmented into azo pigments, phthalocyanine pigments, and High Performance Pigments (HPPs)
- HPPs is expected to be a rapidly growing segment of the market during the forecast period owing to new product launches. For instance, DIC Corporation launched Sunbrite Yellow 74, which is an azo based HPP, in 2017.
COVID-19 Impact on Organic Pigments Market
- Since the beginning of 2020, the global economy has been experiencing downturn due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to significant affect the production and distribution of organic pigments.
- Governments of several countries have imposed strict lockdowns to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many manufacturing companies are either shut down or running low on production capacity.
- Decrease in industrial activities due to the pandemic has been adversely impacting the global organic pigments market
Asia Pacific Holds Major Share of Organic Pigments Market
- In terms of region, the global organic pigments market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the major region of the global organic pigments market. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Europe and North America are other key regions of the global organic pigments market. High demand for organic pigments in these regions can be ascribed to the presence of stringent regulations pertaining to the use of metallic pigments in applications related to food and beverages. The organic pigments market in Europe and North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are relatively smaller regions of the global organic pigments market. However, these regions are anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the organic pigments market during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Organic Pigments Market
The global organic pigments market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global organic pigments market include:
- BASF SE
- Clariant AG
- DIC Corporation
- Heubach GmbH
- Sun Chemicals
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd
- Pidilite Industries Ltd
- Ferro Corporation
- Heubach GmbH
- Trust Chem Co. Ltd
- Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Dominion Colour Corporation
- Toyocolor Co. Ltd.
Global Organic Pigments Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Pigments Market, by Type
- Azo Pigments
- Phthalocyanine Pigments
- High Performance Pigments (HPPs)
Global Organic Pigments Market, by Application
- Printing Inks
- Paints & Coatings
Global Organic Pigments Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods Packaging
Global Organic Pigments Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.