Organic Pea Protein Market
Organic Pea Protein Market (Product: Isolates, Concentrates, Textured; End Use: Dietary Supplements [Sports Nutrition, Protein Powder, Others], Meat Substitutes, Bakery, Confectionery, Snacks & Cereals, Meat-based Products, Functional Beverages, Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2029
- Food & Beverages
- 200 Pages
Infant Food Products Made from Plant-based Organic Pea Protein
The high protein content of organic pea protein has instigated players in the pea protein market to increase its application in dietary supplements, meat substitutes, and confectionaries. Manufacturers in the organic pea protein market are also increasing their production capabilities of infant nutrition. Organic pea protein is used as a substitute for soy protein to offer hormonal balance in infants. As soy contains phytoestrogens that create hormonal imbalance in babies, manufacturers are resorting to plant-based pea protein to produce baby food. For instance, Nature’s One - a producer of organic food products for infants, announced the launch of Baby’s Only Organic® Pea Protein Formula - the first-of-its-kind infant food product made from plant-based pea protein.
Since soy has the tendency to absorb minerals and contaminants from the soil during its cultivation, manufacturers in the organic pea protein market are streamlining their production processes by introducing pea protein in baby food. This practice will help improve the quality of infant food products and largely benefit consumers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Organic Pea Protein Market
Pea Protein Isolates Increasingly Found in Dietary and F&B Applications
Manufacturers in the organic pea protein market are developing products that are more consumer-centric. They are also making conscious efforts to meet the needs of food and beverage (F&B) manufacturers. For instance, the dietary supplements sector accounted for the highest revenue in 2018, with a value of ~US$ 12 million in the organic pea protein market. This sector will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period.
Manufacturers are increasing their research capabilities to innovate in senior nutrition, sports nutrition, and gluten-free products. Weight management is one of the key drivers that has triggered the growth of the organic pea protein market. With increasing number of diet- and health-conscious consumers, manufacturers are increasing awareness about the 'non-GMO' labels for their products.
Consumers are increasingly demanding organic products that are sans artificial colors and additives. To address this trend, manufacturers are introducing organic pea protein isolates that replace a significant percentage of proteins in food products, without altering the color, taste, or texture of the ingredients. For instance, Ingredion - a leading ingredients solution company, announced the launch of VITESSENCE® Pulse 1803 organic pea protein isolate, which can be used in several food and beverage applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Organic Pea Protein V/S Meat Substitutes: Which one Will Dominate Market Growth?
The desire for a healthier diet and concerns about climate change have also triggered the growth of the organic pea protein market. These aspects have catalyzed consumer interest in plant-based alternatives to manifest animal welfare, and farmers and society well-being. The proliferation of veganism has further created the scope for incremental opportunities in the coming years.
The production of pea protein is comparatively cost-effective as compared to wheat, corn, and soy. This is because the cultivation of peas requires less water; they are drought-tolerant and reduce the need for nitrogen fertilizers. However, insufficient supply of pea protein acts as a hurdle for manufacturers in the organic pea protein market. On other terms, stakeholders in the meat and dairy alternatives market could leeway out of this pain point to gain competitive advantage. Thus, manufacturers need to team up with existing market players to maximize the supply chain in the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Organic Pea Protein Market”
Analysts’ Viewpoint on Organic Pea Protein Market
Manufacturers in the organic pea protein market are developing a 'bouncy' mouthfeel of animal meat through plant-based alternatives. They are trying to meet consumer demand for plant-based meat without compromising on clean-label and non-GMO standards. The introduction of novel organic pea protein isolates is gaining prominence in powdered and ready-to-drink beverages, baked foods, and baking mixes. Consumers with lactose intolerance are benefitting from these isolates, as these isolates replace allergens such as dairy and egg proteins. However, the side effects of pea protein such as digestion issues, diarrhea, and gout may adversely affect the demand for organic pea protein products. Thus, manufacturers should educate consumers on the judicious consumption of pea protein, and encourage them to seek consultation before the consumption of pea protein.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Overview
- TMR has executed a research on the organic pea protein market, according to which, the market is estimated to reach ~US$ 45 Mn in 2019, in terms of value, and is anticipated to reach ~US$ 96 Mn by the end of 2029, at a value CAGR of ~8%.
- Surge in the demand for organic pea protein is expected to increase, owing to the increasing demand for products with higher nutritional content and natural and organic ingredients.
- Over the past few years, organic ingredients have been observed to showcase robust adoption in food and cosmetic industries. Due to this, the organic pea protein market is consequently projected to grow at a high CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Frontrunners
- Isolates are anticipated to gain traction in the organic pea protein market over the forecast period, followed by concentrate products. Isolates of organic pea protein hold ~42% share in the overall organic pea protein market, which is expected to reach ~45% at the end of the forecast period.
- Organic pea protein has been used in different product manufacturing and as a substitute for many food materials. Organic pea protein used as a substitute for meat in the food industry is expected to show high growth in the coming years, and hold ~15% of the global organic pea protein market.
- Dietary supplements have been generating the highest revenue in the organic pea protein market, holding a market share of ~30%. These are expected to show lucrative growth during the forecast period, due to multiple uses of organic pea protein in the dietary supplement industry. They are used as sports nutritional products as well as other protein powders.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Trends
- As per strict guidelines and organic standards, companies have to label their products appropriately. For instance, organic food products need to be labelled whether they are 100% certified or contain only organic ingredients. The availability of this information fulfills the demand from consumers who are seeking products with various health and nutritional benefits. Therefore, this shows the increasing popularity of private-label organic brands among consumers.
- Health concerns among the millennial population are growing rapidly, which has resulted in increased expenditure on natural and organic foods, as these are perceived to be free from hormones, additives, antibiotics, and non-GMO. These products are more environment-friendly, and made without any synthetic substances. Hence, consumers, especially the millennial age group, prefer organic products, and this trend is expected to increase the demand for organic pea protein in the global market.
- Consumer preference for organic food products is expected to witness a significant increase over the next couple of years. Manufacturers and suppliers of organic pea proteins are optimizing product offerings according to consumer demand. New manufacturers are entering the organic pea protein market, owing to high-profit margins, and the demand for natural and plant-based products in the food and beverage industry.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Strategies
- Many key protein manufacturers are adopting the partnership strategy to expand their business offerings and footprints around the world. A number of small organic pea protein manufacturers have partnered with medium- and large-level manufacturers to serve a larger customer base.
- Farbest Brands Company has partnered with Naturz Organics, which is an exclusive North American partnership that offers organic ingredients to the largest food and beverage manufacturers of North American and European companies.
- Companies also directly manage their entire supply chain networks, starting from managing seeds, growers, and manufacturing facilities, and also provide organic traceability and integrity directly from the farm to the finished products. This strategy helps earn customer trust, which, in turn, improves the customer base.
Target Regions for Organic Pea Protein Market
- In terms of value, North America has been estimated to represent the largest share in the organic pea protein market by the end of 2019, and is expected to dominate the organic pea protein market throughout the forecast period.
- Also, in terms of value, Europe has been projected to showcase the fastest growth during the forecasted period, due to the increasing consumption of natural and organic food ingredients in European countries.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Players
- Key player operating in the global organic pea protein market are -
- Farbest Brands
- The Green Labs LLC
- The Scoular Company Ltd.
- Greenway Organics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- Vestkorn, YT (XI’AN) Biochem Co.
- Axiom Foods, Inc.
- Phyto-Therapy Pty Ltd.
- MaxsunA Industries, Inc.
- A&B Ingredients
- Bioway (Xi'an) Organic Ingredients Co. Ltd.
Organic Pea Protein Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a market study on organic pea protein. The study provides detailed assessment on key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities, and restraints, and detailed information about the organic pea protein market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the organic pea protein market will grow during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Key indicators of market growth, which include Year-on-Year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) are explained in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This information can help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the organic pea protein market for the forecast period.
The study is relevant for stakeholders in the organic pea protein market, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and can help them in developing appropriate strategies to grow in the market. Stakeholders in the organic pea protein market, investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, as well as business researchers can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
Statistics as well as facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting developments in the market are also included in the report. It also offers actionable insights based on the future trends in the organic pea protein market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the organic pea protein market too can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Organic Pea Protein Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for organic pea protein market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for organic pea proteins during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the organic pea protein market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the organic pea protein market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the organic pea protein market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the organic pea protein market to upscale their position in this landscape?
Organic Pea Protein Market: Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the organic pea protein market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary researches, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the organic pea protein market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the organic pea protein market, and makes TMR’s projections on the growth prospects of the organic pea protein market more accurate and reliable.
Organic Pea Protein Market: Segmentation
TMR’s study on the organic pea protein market offers information divided into important segments - product, end use, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.