Organic Pea Protein Isolates Market Introduction
Organic pea protein isolates are organic and natural pea protein isolates offering nutritional benefits and high level of functionality. Organic pea protein isolates are made from organic yellow peas also known as pisum sativum, it has high liquid solubility and contains vital nutrients. The demand for organic pea protein isolates is growing owing to the rise in vegan population, growing preference for non-GMO and organic products, and increasing penetration of allergies and lactose intolerance.
Organic pea protein isolates offers high digestibility and are absorbed well by the body. In response to growing demand for organic food products by customers, food producers are offering pea protein isolates that are certified organic, gluten-free, along with fine texture.
Organic Pea Protein Isolates Market- Notable Highlights
- Axiom Foods has selected Univar Inc. as distributor for its plant-based products in the US. The deal consists of all the products of Axiom Foods rice and pea proteins and other plant-based ingredients. In 2018, Axiom Foods also launched new pea and hemp protein ingredients known as Vegotein N and Cannatein. Among these, Vegotein N is pea protein made using yellow peas from North America.
The Scoular Company
Founded in 1892, The Scoular Company is located in the US. The company is into buying, selling, handling, processing and storing grains and ingredients.
Founded in 1996, AIDP, Inc. is located in the US. The company provides minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and proprietary and specialty products.
Founded in 1955, Farbest Brands is located in the US. The company is the premier distributor of high quality food, beverages, and nutritional ingredients.
The Green Labs LLC
Founded in 2009, The Green Labs LLC is located in the US. The company is into commercialization, manufacturing, and distribution of conventional/organic powders, extracts, and herbal products.
Key players operating in the organic pea protein isolates market are Phyto-Therapy Pty. Ltd., World Food Processing, L.L.C, Shaanxi Fuheng Biotechnology Co., Ltd, Zelang Group, Organic Ingredients Co., Ltd., and A&B Ingredients.
Organic Pea Protein Isolates Market Dynamics
Growing Vegan Population Driving Demand for Organic Pea Protein Isolates
Increasing number of people opting for vegan diet is driving demand for plant-based protein or vegan protein powders made using ingredients such as soy, hemp, pea, etc. however, compared to other proteins, the demand for organic pea protein isolates is constantly rising owing to its allergen-friendly nature as compared to common food allergens such as soy, wheat, egg, etc.
In keeping with emerging trend of vegan diet, food industry is shifting towards organic pea protein isolates as it is gluten-free and nutritious. Food companies are also increasingly focusing on using high quality, non-GMO yellow peas to produce organic pea protein isolates, thereby, offering product that is rich in glutamine, arginine, lysine, and leucine, benefiting bone, tissue, and muscles. Moreover, organic pea protein isolates are also formulated using digestive enzymes to enhance benefits of this vegan protein supplement.
Organic Pea Protein Isolates Finding Wide Application in Various Food and Beverages Products
Organic pea protein isolates are widely used in various food and beverages products due to the diverse health benefits. Food companies are launching new food and beverages products containing organic pea protein isolates. For instance, Daiya Foods, a Canadian company has launched various products including pea protein isolates in the last few years in the US and Canada. Most of the products containing organic pea protein isolates include cereal, snack, meal replacement beverages, and energy bars. In recent years, the UK has also witnessed the launch of new food products containing organic pea protein isolates including bread products and meal replacement beverages.
The number of food and beverages products with organic pea protein isolates are likely to witness robust growth in the coming years with increasing investment by food producers in production of new food products with organic pea protein isolates. Moreover, pea protein isolates are also being added to food products such as burgers, smoothies, yogurt, and ice cream.
High Cost of Organic Pea Protein Isolates to Hamper the Growth
The cost of the plant-based protein is one of the factors considered by consumers while purchasing animal-free or dairy-free protein products. Concerns have been raised by consumers on the high price of organic pea protein isolates as compared to dairy-based or conventional protein sources. Although organic pea protein isolates have better nutritional profile and is beneficial for people with allergies and food sensitivity, organic products are expensive as compared to conventional counterparts.
With pea protein shifting from the fitness product to mainstream, consumers are demanding better tasting product Moreover, addressing new grades of pea protein and improving taste are the two biggest challenge for food producers in the organic pea protein isolates market.
Organic Pea Protein Isolates Market Segmentation
Based on the application, the organic pea protein isolates market is segmented into
- Snacks & bakery products
- Meat extenders & analogs
- Nutritional supplements
- Other applications
Based on the form, the organic pea protein isolates market is segmented into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the organic pea protein isolates market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the organic pea protein isolates market report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report on the organic pea protein isolates market serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Organic pea protein isolates market segments and sub-segments
- Organic pea protein isolates market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand in the organic pea protein isolates market
- Organic pea protein isolates market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in the organic pea protein isolates market
- Organic pea protein isolates market competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs in the Organic pea protein isolates market
- Organic pea protein isolates market value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report on the Organic pea protein isolates market has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The Organic pea protein isolates market report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the Organic pea protein isolates market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in organic pea protein isolates market dynamics
- Organic pea protein isolates market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the organic pea protein isolates market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments in the organic pea protein isolates market
- Organic pea protein isolates market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional organic pea protein isolates markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the organic pea protein isolates market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Organic pea protein isolates market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.