Organic Bulgur Wheat Market: Outlook
Organic bulgur wheat originated in Turkey. It is a wholewheat grain made by heating wheat and then being gently cracked into smaller pieces. Making wheat into bulgur is an ancient method that has been in use since the past 4,000 years. Wheat is boiled, dried, and then cracked into small pieces that are quicker to cook. In Mediterranean cooking, it has been used traditionally and remains popular even today. Organic bulgur wheat is the groat form of wheat. Organic bulgur differs from cracked wheat, in that, it is parboiled and dried. Organic bulgur wheat has a lower glycemic index as compared to brown or white rice and buckwheat. Organic bulgur wheat is not a gluten-free grain; however, since it is a form of wheat, it is an excellent source of vitamin B, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and B6, which are essential for metabolism and help convert homocysteine into less harmful chemicals, and this helps in lowering blood pressure and protecting the heart. Organic bulgur wheat also provides minerals such as zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, and selenium, besides being higher in fiber. The protein in organic bulgur wheat is not complete, since it it lacks lysine, and therefore, this should be eaten with foods such as beans or seeds that can provide this essential amino acid.
Couscous can be Made Using Organic Bulgur Wheat
Rapid urbanization has extremely changed the eating habits of consumers and has led to a shift in their food preferences. People around the world are opting for healthier food options such as organic bulgur wheat to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Since organic bulgur wheat can be used in a variety of food products, its demand has increased remarkably. For example, it can be used to make couscous, which is a mouth-watering dish from North Africa, and tabbouleh, which is from the Middle East. This is expected to boost the organic bulgur wheat market over the forecast period. With this increasing demand considering its nutritional value, many dietary supplement manufacturers are incorporating organic bulgur wheat into their products. Such inclusion has enabled the local manufacturers of organic bulgur wheat-based supplement products to expand and reach the global market, which is expected to bolster the growth of the organic bulgur wheat market.
- As the demand for organic bulgur wheat has increased extensively, commercial acreage and production have also witnessed an increase throughout the tropical and subtropical world. Currently, major producers include Turkey, North Africa, India, and the United States.
Global Organic Bulgur Wheat Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global organic bulgur wheat market has been segmented as –
- Instant Organic Bulgur Wheat
- Medium Grain
- Coarse Grain
On the basis of form, the global organic bulgur wheat market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global organic bulgur wheat market has been segmented as –
- Dressing and Salads
On the basis of distribution channel, the global organic bulgur wheat market has been segmented as –
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
- Others (Retail Shops, Marts)
Global Organic Bulgur Wheat Market: Key Players
The global organic bulgur wheat market has evolved on the backdrop of unhealthy food items. In the organic bulgur wheat market, the Middle East and Africa region is estimated to account for the highest volume share.
Some of the key players operating in the global organic bulgur wheat market are Sunnylands Mills, Arrowhead Mills, Inc., Celnat S.A., Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc., Mitsides Public Company Limited. Inari Agriculture, Inc., Shiloh Farms, and Ceres Organic Harvest, Inc. among others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Fitness trends are spreading rapidly among the new generation, worldwide, who want healthy and high-in-nutrition foods, and organic bulgur wheat is rich in fibers with low cholesterol and fats. In India, almost 60% people are young who need products having low fats and high fiber, such as organic bulgur wheat foods to fulfill their fitness goals. Organic bulgur wheat takes only 15 minutes to get cooked, since it is a partially-cooked grain, and the young generation wants to prepare food soon. This is expected to create a great opportunity for organic bulgur wheat producers to create a path for the development of its production.
- As organic bulgur wheat can be cooked in 15 minutes, it has scope to defeat or to take the place of instant noodle products by adding some flavor to it and enhancing its taste. So there is great scope for organic bulgur wheat producers, globally, during the upcoming period.
The organic bulgur wheat market is also foreseen to profit from the ongoing surge in the demand for vegan items, creating further prospects for the growth of players in the organic bulgur wheat market. There aren’t any big players who offer organic Bulgur wheat in any form. Thus, companies could focus on producing and exporting organic bulgur wheat across the globe, resulting in expanding their global presence in this market. Therefore, the global organic bulgur wheat market is expected to have a positive outlook over the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: regional markets, type, form, application, and distribution channel.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates are included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.