Optical Transmitter Market - Introduction
- Information can be transmitted in various ways. An optical transmitter is one half of a communications system, where the other half would be an optical receiver. Producing an optical signal is the purpose of an optical transmitter.
- Various other similar transmission methods use electrical signals, e.g. Ethernet or USB cables, or radio transmissions such as AM or FM radio. There are two categories of optical transmission: guided-wave or free-space, and unguided. Guided transmission media are cables such as twisted pair cables, coaxial cables, and fiber optic cables.
- Fiber optic cable is the commonly used guided wave optical transmission systems. Under this system, light is transmitted through the fiber. The fiber uses total internal reflection to keep the light trapped inside.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Optical Transmitters Market
- The optical transmitter market is primarily driven by the wide usage of optical transmission technology in remote controls of various electrical and electronic devices. Increase in adoption of optical communications is also driving the market.
- Semiconductor optical transmitters are designed to be compact, efficient, and reliable to operate in an optimal wavelength range. They are directly modulated at high frequencies.
- Optical transmitters are also used in the inter satellite communication that is also called free space communication (FSO)
- They also offer significant advantages such as low weight and greater power savings, thereby enabling easier, faster, and reliable transmission of information. This provides immense opportunities for usage of optical transmitter systems in electronics and electrical devices.
Increase in Requirements of Higher Bandwidth in Optical Transmitters
- The optical transmitters market is expanding significantly due to the increase in demand for higher bandwidth and high bit rate with the growth in penetration of Internet across the globe. The fiber optical technology is also advancing continuously.
- Implementation of Fiber to x (FTTx) broadband in developing countries due to the rise in demand for broadband services and applications is estimated to boost the optical transmitter market
- Government initiatives in developing countries and telecommunication deregulation across the globe are also likely to augment the demand for optical transmitters. Growth in the smartphones market and rise in demand for LTE and 4G services are also projected to propel the market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Telecom Anticipated to be Rapidly Growing Industry
- Telecom is estimated to be a rapidly growing end-use industry of the global optical transmitter market. Fiber optical communication network and optical transmitters are required for the transmission and receipt of signals.
- In terms of revenue, the telecom industry has been expanding due to the rise in usage of optical transmitters, since optical transmitters are required for fiber optical communication. Demand for new information services, including data, Internet, and broadband services, is combined with the supply of innovative information technological equipment such as optical transmitters in order to transfer the information at a faster pace.
- The current era of information technology is known as the ‘tera era’ in the telecom industry, as the demand for terabit-per-second information speed and terabyte information storage is high. This demand can be met with the use of technologically advanced optical transmitters, as these transmitters can provide faster and uninterrupted information transmission.
- Thus, increase in demand for high speed information transmission in the telecom industry is expected to be a vital factor driving the global optical transmitter market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Optical Transmitters Market
- In terms of region, the global optical transmitters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for optical transmitters from 2019 to 2027. Major manufacturers of optical transmitters have been investing significantly in China, especially in the telecommunication components manufacturing sector in the country
- Leading manufacturers of optical transmitters have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. They have become increasingly international in their activities since the onset of globalization. Several manufacturers of optical transmitters have vertically integrated in the manufacture of optical transmitters.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Optical Transmitters Market
The global optical transmitters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Source Photonics
- Hitachi Metals
- Ruby Tech
- Green Well
Global Optical Transmitters Market: Research Scope
Global Optical Transmitters Market, by Type
- Laser Diode
Global Optical Transmitters Market, by Application
- Enterprise Network
- Campus Network
Global Optical Transmitters Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.