Optical Transmission Solutions Market - Introduction
- Optical transmission solutions enable users to modify the capabilities of their network as per their existing requirements by utilizing up to 100 Gbps fiber optic lines per transmission channel. These solutions allow operators quick access to their database regardless of their location.
- Optical transmission solutions also provide various advantages such as data formats, apparent provision to the Time Division Multiplexer (TDM), and dynamic provision. These help network providers to deploy high bandwidth services in less time.
Usage of Optical Components in Energy-efficient Network Solutions Driving Optical Transmission Solutions Market
- Traditional copper-based networks provide 100/1000 base Ethernet connectivity to devices, such as voice over IP phones, desktop computers, video phones, and laptops whereas optical network uses a single fiber, single type optic to the work group terminal (WGT). Optical components such as switching fabrics, optical buffers, and wavelength converters are highly integrated, which are capable to reduce energy consumption significantly. Additionally, it utilize small optical splitters which are located at the building’s enclosures, generally at every floor. Consequently, optical network produces no heat, requires less power, and can be mounted on electrical closets. Optimizing energy use in industries is essential to improve competitiveness and progress toward energy security, economic recovery and development, climate change, and environment protection. Thus, companies prioritize economic energy efficiency potentials. There is a growing demand for optical components in industries with expanding energy-efficient networking solutions. This is expected to drive the global optical transmission solutions market.
High Cost Associated with Implementation and Installation of Fiber Optic Connectivity Solutions
- The installation of fiber optic networks and their components in harsh environments is complicated and hence requires high level of expertise. This requires companies to hire skilled workforce, thereby escalating the total cost of ownership of fiber optic connectivity projects in minin This factor is expected to hamper optical transmission solutions market growth.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of the Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market
- In terms of region, the global optical transmission solutions market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global optical transmission solutions market due to presence of cloud computing hubs and data centers that have made it the largest consumer of the market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the global optical transmission solutions market due to deployment of 5G network specifically in China and India.
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market - Competitive Landscape
- In May 2019, Huawei Technologies partnered with Orange Spain for the development of a 400G/wavelength WDM link in Orange network in Spain. The company has successfully tested its first Artificial Intelligence test with Huawei’s DWDM Network in Spain.
- In March 2017, ZTE Corporation signed a strategic cooperation Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Turkcell (Turkey) to extend its products portfolio. The portfolio will include dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), Gigabit-capable passive optical networks (GPON), and the side-edged 5G.
- In January 2016, Panasonic introduced single cable as well as connector solutions with the use of plastic optical fiber to allow the transmission of full-spec 8K video signals*1 with better bandwidth connectivity. Moreover, Panasonic's novel connectors are fortified with cables to allow long distance & high-quality video transmission.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in the U.S., Cisco Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures telecommunication equipment, networking hardware, and other fiber-based technology solutions and services. The company mainly provides fiber-cleaning techniques, fiber optics technology, fiber testing equipment, DWDM fundamentals, and optical-networking system safety.
- ZTE Corporation
Founded in 1985 and based in China,ZTE Corporation is one of the key players in information technology and telecommunication. The company provides solutions for core networks, wireless networks, access & bearer networks, and terminals markets. It mainly provides optical transmission solutions, handsets & telecommunications software, and other products. ZTE Corporation has market presence in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
- Fujitsu Limited
Founded in 1935 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Fujitsu Limited specializes in information technology services. The company provides network & telecommunication solutions, system platforms adjustment, optical transmission solutions, comprehensive IT development solutions, and other services. It also offers communication equipment, semiconductors, and other products.
Some of the other prominent players in the optical transmission solutions market are:
- Huawei Technologies
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sopto Technologies Co., Ltd
- Infinera Corporation
- Valiant Communications Limited
- Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd.
- Orion Telecom
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market, by Type
- Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM)
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market, by Transmission speed
- Up to 20 Gbps
- Up to 40 Gbps
- Up to 80 Gbps
- Up to 100 Gbps
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market, by Mode
- Single-mode Fiber Optical Cables
- Multi-mode Fiber Cables
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market, by Industry Vertical
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- IT& Telecom
Global Optical Transmission Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
- Fiber Optic Technology
- Optical Network Solutions
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.