Optical Preclinical Imaging: Introduction
- Optical preclinical imaging is used in live animal research for drug development. Optical preclinical imaging is also used to monitor the treatment response for early indications of efficacy. Technological developments in in vivo imaging provide an opportunity for studying disease at the molecular level in a quantitative way. In vivo imaging acts as a bridge between in vitro exploratory and in vivo clinical research, which facilitates the direct and fast transfer of preclinical studies on animal models to clinical investigation in man. The key disease areas targeted with in vivo preclinical imaging are cancer, autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders, and cardiovascular diseases.
- The health care industry, despite facing significant political and economic uncertainty in the past few years, continues to be dynamic when it comes to funds being diverted to the R&D sector and the introduction of novel & technologically advanced medical devices, medical imaging equipment, and pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical products. This has necessitated the development of preclinical imaging and new varieties of in vivo preclinical imaging for testing new approaches for elucidating disease progression, disease etiology, and metastasis & progression of tumors.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Optical Preclinical Imaging Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market
- Biomedical research has taken a front seat in the health care and pharmaceutical industries to a point where a nation’s research and development landscape can be gauged by its level of investment in biomedical research. The past decade has consequently witnessed a staggering rise in biomedical research in most countries, both developed and developing. A significant part of this research investment generally goes into animal models. This acts as a primary driver of the global optical preclinical imaging market.
- Increase in usage of optical preclinical imaging is also attributed to the recent number of improvements that have been made in optical preclinical imaging technology. These improvements have not only enhanced its utility in current applications, but also increased the overall scope of applications for preclinical imaging.
- Other factors likely to drive the global preclinical imaging market are increase in demand for non-invasive imaging techniques and government funding for research & development activities. However, the growth of the global preclinical imaging market is projected to be hampered by factors such as high product price that decreases the adoption rates in academic institutions and limited number of applications of each modality, discouraging the sale of products.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market
- In terms of region, the global optical preclinical imaging market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global optical preclinical imaging market in 2019 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period due to well-established pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical research industry. Presence of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in the region also makes it a highly promising market for various products employed in research activities. Europe held significant share of the global optical preclinical imaging market in 2019 owing to well-established medicine manufacturing sector and the presence of the world’s most prominent research laboratories and research-oriented universities.
Key Players Operating in Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market
The global optical preclinical imaging market is fragmented, with presence of large number of small-scale and large-scale companies.
Leading companies operating in the global optical preclinical imaging market are:
- Bruker Corporation
- MR Solutions
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- TriFoil Imaging
- FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- Mediso Ltd.
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Vieworks Co., Ltd.
- MILabs B.V.
Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market, by Modality
- Bioluminescence/Fluorescence Imaging Systems
- Standalone Fluorescence Imaging Systems
- Optical + X-Ray/Optical + CT
Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market, by Reagent
- Bioluminescent Imaging Reagents
- Fluorescent Imaging Reagents
Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market, by Application
- Research & Development
- Drug Discovery
Global Optical Preclinical Imaging Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotech Companies
- Research Institutes
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.