Optical Cross Connect (OXC) Switches Market - Introduction
- Optical cross connect switches are used by telecom operators to switch optical signals in fiber optic network.
- Optical cross connect switch is a new technology used by the telecommunication industry
- Increased traffic, rising usage of smart phones, growing need for improved data communications, and better Internet access has led to a huge growth in demand for optical cross connect switches in the past few years
- Emerging needs of next-generation networks related to cost and traffic handling efficiency are reasons likely to drive demand for optical cross connect switches in the forthcoming years.
- Optical cross-connect (OXC) switches are expected to provide telecommunication carriers with more dynamic and flexible options in building network topologies with enhanced survivability.
Key Drivers of the Optical Cross Connect Switches Market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing demand for components which can handle traffic efficiently expected to fuel the demand for optical cross connect switches
- The telecommunication industry is witnessing increasing demand to introduce technologies having the ability to transport IP/Ethernet traffic in its native format while retaining their robust OAM features.
- Optical cross connect switches facilitate this by giving operators the tools to move beyond the scalability limitations by providing increased bandwidth capability and network switching flexibility.
- Optical cross connect switches also ensure lower network cost and higher fiber efficiency. Additionally, overall operational cost of telecommunication carriers also goes down due to the feature of automated and remote control functions provided by optical cross connect switches
- These features of optical cross connect switches are expected to fuel the market demand in the upcoming years.
Need for simplified architecture to drive growth of the optical cross connect switches market
- The past few years have seen rapid growth in traffic volumes, particularly in metros where trends such as video content caching and multi-gigabit broadband service adoption rate is growing continuously.
- Telecommunication carriers are looking for new ways to restructure their network and operations. Optical cross connect switch platforms provide simplified and automated network management and control, due to which the optical cross connect switches market is expected to grow at a rapid pace.
North America to hold dominant position in the optical cross connect switches market
- North America is expected to capture the dominant share of the optical cross connect switches market. The U.S. has one of the biggest telecommunication industries in the world. Huge investments have been made by telecommunication carriers to reduce cost and provide efficient network services and meet bandwidth requirements. Optical cross connect switches are one of the finest technologies introduced for overall cost cutting and improved network efficiency.
- On the other hand, the optical cross connect switches market in Asia Pacific is expected to rise at the highest rate. Countries in the Asia Pacific region are slowly adopting these new telecom technologies and are expected to invest heavily on optical cross connect switches in the near future. These factors are expected to create huge demand for optical cross connect switches in this region.
Optical Cross Connect Switches Market - Competitive Landscape
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Optical Cross Connect (OXC) Switches Market, Request for a Sample
The top five players are expected to account for 20% to 25% share of the global optical cross connect switches market. A few of the key players operating in the global optical cross connect switches market include:
- Blue Sky Research, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co Ltd
- Sercalo Microtechnology Ltd.
- Optiwave Systems Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd
Global Optical Cross Connect Switches Market: Segmentation
Global Optical Cross Connect Switches Market, by Type
- Fiber Switch Cross-connect (FXC)
- Wavelength Selective Cross-connect (WSXC)
- Wavelength Interchanging Cross-connect (WIXC)
Global Optical Cross Connect Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.