Optical comparator is optical device used for inspection of various manufactured parts. It offers accurate, precise, and non-contact measurement comparison, which allows companies to fast comparison of products. In a comparator, the parts are projected on a screen, and the geometry and dimensions of the fragment are measured against the approved limits, further result in reduced errors. So, globally manufacturers preferring this product for various dimensional inspection & measurements applications, since it offers cost effective solution for non-contact measurements, higher sampling rate, and simplicity of design as well as helps to reduce the errors. Moreover, these are used in various industries such as aerospace & aeronautics, military, telecommunications, manufacturing, automotive, medical, power & utilities, and others industries.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure here
Optical comparator Market – Competitive Landscape
The optical comparator market is highly fragmented with various players. Leading market players are focusing on further innovative developments of optical comparators to overcome existing limits and enhance the operational efficiency.
- In September 2018, Dorsey Metrology International announced acquisition of S-T Industries optical comparator and vision system lines. Further, all engineering files to continue servicing S-T Industries. Dorsey Metrology International is one of the leading player in optical comparators market. This acquisition expected to broaden company’s offering range
- In March 2019, Methods Machine Tools announced the launch of the 500 Series Vision Gauge optical comparator. This is design to measure data, full inspection as well as to automatically generate the reports
- In November 2017, Starrett leading player in the optical comparator market. It has launched HVR100-FLIP, a Benchtop Vision Measurement System. This instrument is expected to offer reliable, accurate results.
Dorsey Metrology International Inc.
Founded in 1955, Dorsey Metrology International Inc., a key player in optical comparators market, is headquartered in Oakley ST, Poughkeepsie, New York, the U.S. The company provides various products including indicators optical comparators, bore gages, snap gages, large diameter gages, countersink and chamfer gages, and other products. Moreover company also offers subcontract machining including electromechanical assembly, CNC turning, CNC milling, grinding, and welding.
Established in 1880, Starrett is based in Crescent Street Athol, MA, the U.S. It is one of the leading manufacturer and supplier of optical devices. The company’s product portfolio includes gage blocks, granite surface plates, levels, electronic gages, dial indicators, and custom engineered products. Moreover, the company also offers a different type of metrology equipment including multi-sensor measuring systems, video measurement and inspection systems, optical comparators, material testing systems, force measurement, and other systems
Leader Precision Instrument Co., Ltd
Founded in 2005, Spectrum Instruments Inc.is headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong, China.
It provides polarization microscope, biological microscope, profile projector, LCD microscope, stereo microscope, tool-maker microscope, coordinate measuring machine, metallurgical microscope, video measuring system, fluorescence microscope, linear scale, digital readout and hardness tester, and other products. The company specializing in production and sales electronic, optics, machinery precision measuring and testing instrument
Nikon Metrology NV
Founded in 1917, Nikon Metrology NV is based in Leuven, Brussels, Belgium and specializes in designing, manufacturing, and distribution of optical instruments. Moreover, the company product portfolio includes profile projector, autocollimators, optical comparators, automated vision based systems, and other products
J&L Metrology, Inc.
Established in 1919, J&L Metrology, Inc. is headquartered in Springfield, VT, the U.S. The company manufactures, design, and markets the optical comparators and other precision products. Moreover, the company uses latest technology in its comparators such as, screens up to 50 inches diameter, fiber optic edge detectors, CNC capabilities, and other technology.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report here
Optical comparator Market – Dynamics
Increasing trend of mass production
The Increasing trend of mass production in almost every industry. In mass production it is expected to produce the identical component parts. This increasing trend of mass production and automation expected to drive growth of the optical comparator market. Further, expected to increase demand of the optical comparator during forecast period.
Increased focus on accuracy and reliability of products
In the recent years, manufacturers has increased focus and investment on offering more accurate and reliable products, in order to gain competitive advantage. Since, optical comparator offers more accurate, precise, and non-contact dimensional inspection & measurements device. Moreover, it also offers higher sampling rate, & simplicity of design. Owing to various advantages offered by the optical comparator, further expected to increase its demand during forecast period.
Optical comparator Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, the Optical comparator market can be divided into:
- Surface illumination optical comparator
- Profile illumination optical comparator
On the basis of end-use industry, the Optical comparator market can be segregated into:
- Utilities & Energy
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.