Severe implications of opioid dependence has made critical the discovery of effective opioid addiction therapies. Opioid agonists, partial agonists, opioid antagonists, and alpha-2-adrenergic agonists are pharmacotherapies for opioid addiction used for detoxification or long-term agonist maintenance. Agonist maintenance therapy is presently the preferred treatment for opioid dependency because it outperforms detoxification in terms of results. Long-term effectiveness of detoxification procedures is limited, and patient pain remains a substantial treatment issue. The efficacy of buprenorphine in comparison to methadone is still debatable.
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market: Introduction
- Opioid dependence contains elements of opioid addiction and opioid use disorder (OUD); opioid drug addiction therapy is given in several venues utilizing various behavioral and pharmacological methods. Maintenance treatment with buprenorphine, an opioid agonist plus methadone, naltrexone, or an opioid antagonist is being used. Naloxone can be used as a rescue medicine in the event of an overdose, and it is used in conjunction with buprenorphine in some circumstances.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) with an opioid agonist or antagonist is the current standard of care. People with OUD who follow detoxification with full abstinence are far more prone to relapse. MAT employs medications that alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of cravings and withdrawals without generating the exhilaration that the initial substance did. MAT is the use of medications in conjunction with behavioral treatments and counselling, which is helpful in the treatment of OUD and can assist some persons in maintaining recovery.
- Opioid addiction has a long-term influence on the patient population's social and economic well-being. Changes in lifestyle habits as well as increased usage of opioids for pain treatment are important contributors to opioid addiction. Increase in incidence of opioid addiction among the global population fuels the growth of the global opioid dependence treatment market. According to the National Institutes of Health, opioid addiction affects 2 million people in the U.S. and 15 million people globally. Opioid abuse claimed the lives of over 35,000 people in 2016. The current therapeutic approaches are geared at detoxification and long-term agonist maintenance. Presently, pharmaceutical treatments have been shown to be quite effective.
- Various awareness initiatives introduced and run by governments and manufacturers; rise in prescription drug abuse, beneficial reimbursements for smoking cessation therapy, various drug store owners also sharing the negative effects of drug abuse, and the importance of addiction treatment are the major factors fueling the growth of the global opioid addiction treatment market. Moreover, awareness created through television advertisements, newspapers, information pamphlets, and other media drives the global market. However, people's refusal to get therapy and the cessation of behavioral treatments, which leads to relapse, are factors likely to restrain the global opioid dependence market.
- On March 8, 2016, GlaxoSmithKline and 2morrow, Inc. formed a collaboration and created the SmartQuit app, which provides patches to smokers who subscribe to the app plan. Acadia Healthcare acquired Priory Group, a prominent supplier of mental care services in the U.K., on January 4, 2016.
- Increase in awareness about the negative effects of drug use and early identification of the illness reduce the number of people with serious conditions that require hospitalization. The number of rehabilitation treatment clinics is rising, as well as there is an increase in the usage of various addiction therapies such as an implant for de-addiction. The primary cause is early detection of the disease, which is projected to boost demand for basic treatment options offered in residential treatment centers.
North America held Major Share of Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market
- North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2020 due to rise in popularity of opioid dependence treatment in the region. Increase in availability of various addiction therapies and rise in adoption rates of such treatment options among patients and caregivers are projected to drive the market in North America. Moreover, a large number of people in the region suffer from opioid dependence that would require immediate medical attention. These factors contribute to North America's large market share.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in number of patients with opioid dependence and considerable improvement in the health care sector in the region.
Key Players in Opioid Dependence Treatment Market
- Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- ADAPT Pharma, Inc.
- LUMITOS AG
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market, by Drug Class
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market, by Sales Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Rehabilitation Centers
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market, by Treatment Center
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Outpatient Treatment Centers
- Inpatient Treatment Centers
Global Opioid Dependence Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.