Online Streaming Platform Market
Online Streaming Platform Market (Service: SVOD [Subscription-based Video on Demand], TVOD [Transactional-based Video on Demand], and AVOD [Advertisement-based Video on Demand]; and Application: Media, Education, Sports, Music, Corporate, Government, TV & Radio, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
OTT Players Migrate from HD to SD to Reduce Bandwidth Consumption amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
The online streaming platform market has been benefitting even during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Since most individuals worldwide are practicing social distancing and home isolation, tuning into OTT channels for entertainment has become increasingly commonplace amidst the coronavirus period. Companies in the online streaming platform market have experienced a sudden spike in the number of subscribers in the past couple of months, and the trend continues as several countries are following lockdown regulations.
As more number of people are watching content online, telecom companies in India are urging companies in the market for online streaming platforms to share the online streaming traffic load. Telecom companies have called on the OTT platform providers to migrate from HD (hi-definition) to SD (standard definition) streaming in order to minimize the ongoing heavy-bandwidth consumption.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Online Streaming Platform Market
Hybrid Monetization Models Gain Popularity in Online Streaming Platform Market
Online content streaming providers are leaping onto new incremental opportunities associated with changing preferences of viewers. Hence, companies in the online streaming platform market are increasing their focus in hybrid monetization models, as subscribers are showing increased interest in the willingness to pay for premium content. For instance, companies in the market for online streaming platforms are taking cues from YouTube’s freemium model and is being put to use in other over-the-top (OTT) platforms. Such trends are bolstering the revenue of the online streaming platform market, which is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 22 Bn by the end of 2030.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
As such, SVOD (Subscription-based video on demand) and AVOD (Advertisement-based video on demand) models are prominent in the market for online streaming platforms. Moreover, the TVOD (Transactional-based video on demand) model offers a more selective viewing experience by allowing viewers to download content by paying a single-time fee to binge-watch.
Winning Imperatives: Strategic Collaborations with MNOs and Personalized Offerings Boost Market Growth
OTT videos are being increasingly consumed by users in the same pattern of traditional TV viewers. Hence, analysts of Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that the online streaming platform market is expected to expand at a striking CAGR of ~12% throughout the forecast period. As such, OTT video streaming providers are collaborating with mobile network operators (MNOs) to understand the complex behavioral and consumption patterns of online video content users.
Companies in the market for online streaming platforms are providing innovative product offerings to boost consumer engagement and expand their subscriber base. For instance, in July 2019, Netflix— a leading U.S. media-services provider and production company, announced to launch a mobile-only plan for Indian online video content users priced at under US$ 3 per month to increase their subscriber base in tier 2 and tier 3 cities of India. As such, companies in the online streaming platform market are tapping incremental opportunities in countries with a large smartphone user base like India.
OTT Players Target Millennials and Generation Z to Increase their Subscriber Base
The unlimited access to original and high-quality content on-the-go is a key driver that is increasing the popularity of online streaming platforms. However, the online streaming platform market is becoming increasingly crowded with new entrants such as XUMO, STARZ, and Sling, among others, are giving a stiff competition to leading market players such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+Hotstar. Hence, companies in the online streaming platform market are adopting innovative strategies to gain a competitive edge over other market players.
Companies in the market for online streaming platforms are capitalizing on the demand for digital originals. As such, the revenue of SVOD is projected for aggressive growth during the forecast period due to global audience demand for original content. OTT platform players are unlocking value-grab opportunities by identifying the needs of millennials and generation Z subscribers who prefer original and exclusive content. Moreover, word of mouth publicity, for instance, during the Game of Thrones show, is another strategy that OTT players are diving into to increase their subscriber base.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Online Streaming Platform Market
OTT players are shifting from HD to SD streaming to reduce the pressure of heavy bandwidth consumption as called on by telecoms in one of the biggest smartphone user base countries India amidst the COVID-19 lockdown period. Leading OTT players are investing in the production of digital original series to capitalize on the needs of millennials and generation Z population.
The trend of content fragmentation poses a challenge for leading market players, as Apple, WarnerMedia, and Disney are set to launch their own streaming services. Hence, companies in the online streaming platform market should adopt new strategies, such as collaborating with popular movie production houses including Marvel and the Star Wars legacy to expand their subscriber base.
Online Streaming Platform Market: Overview
- The global online streaming platform market is expected to register a CAGR of ~12% between 2020 and 2030
- The rising adoption of online streaming platforms to access real-time content is expected to boost the online streaming platform market in the near future
- The global online streaming platform market is expected to reach ~US$ 22 Bn by 2030 from ~US$ 7 Bn in 2020
- North America holds a major share of the online streaming platform market in terms of revenue and is anticipated to dominate the online streaming platform market during the forecast period, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific
- North America remains the leading region in the online streaming platform market, with revenues in 2020 estimated at ~US$ 2.5 Bn
- The online streaming platform market in Middle East & Africa and South America are also expected to show moderate growth during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to expand significantly in terms of share in the global online streaming platform market during the forecast period. This is due to the growth of the online streaming platform market across Asia Pacific, which is largely attributable to the increasing demand for subscription-based online and live video, which has propelled the demand for online streaming platforms in the APAC region.
Online Streaming Platform Market: Definition
- The online streaming platform market report provides analysis of the global online streaming platform market for the period 2018 – 2030, wherein 2018 is the historical year, 2019 is the base year and 2020 - 2030 is the forecast period
- The study on the online streaming platform market would help clients to understand the adoption analysis of online streaming platform in different countries
- A streaming platform is an on demand online entertainment source for TV shows, movies, and other streaming media. Additionally, online streaming platforms are the video hosting solutions that enable users to upload or broadcast video content to their customers. An online streaming platform is also known as a live streaming platform.
- Online streaming platforms are a type of service in which the user can select and view live video content. The user can access a wide range of live digital content such as sports, concerts, events, and more. Online streaming platforms offer reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness for media streaming on any screen across a vast range of industries and streaming types.
North America Online Streaming Platform Market: Snapshot
- North America is a developed region and hence, innovation and new technologies are expected to be trends witnessed in the North America region in the next few years. North America held a prominent share of the global online streaming platform market in 2019. For the same reason, North America is expected to witness highest opportunity addition in the online streaming platform market globally, with Europe and Asia Pacific being the next closest regions.
Key Growth Drivers of Online Streaming Platform Market
- Increase in availability & supply of real-time content
Media consumption is increasing due to increasing availability and supply of real-time content and a rise in the number of devices capable of supporting digital media. Therefore, popularity of digital media players such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Roku, and Boxee as the main entertainment hubs is increasing presently. Moreover, online streaming platforms are gradually gaining popularity, as people are preferring online streaming services rather than traditional TV, in order to receiver real-time content. Growing availability of real-time content is also estimated to boost user demand as well as developments in networks, which in turn is anticipated to propel the global online streaming platform market.
- Availability of multi-device compatibility solutions
Technological demands of delivering live content are quite high, which in turn is fueling the demand for multi-device compatibility solutions. Thus, vendors are focusing on offering multi-device compatibility solutions to provide better viewer experience to users, as online streaming has become an effective source of entertainment. Impact of this driver is high, as most vendors are presently launching multi-device compatibility solutions. A rise in user demand as well as increase in number of devices is anticipated to have a positive impact on this market, as it offers the freedom to viewers to access their favorite content on the device of their choice.
Key Challenge Faced by Online Streaming Platform Market Players
- Disparity in industry regulations is a major restraint for the online streaming platform market
Online Streaming Platform Market: Competition Landscape
- In 2019, Hotstar was acquired by The Walt Disney Company as part of its acquisition of their U.S. parent company, 21st Century Fox
- In May 2017, YouTube announced the re-branding of YouTube Red as YouTube Premium and launched a separate YouTube Music subscription for its users
Online Streaming Platform Market: Company Profile
- YouTube (Google)
Incorporated in 2005, YouTube, LLC. is a U.S. online video-sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California and operates as one of Google's subsidiaries. YouTube offers a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media videos. In addition, the company provides subscription-based premium channels and film rentals through YouTube Music and YouTube Premium. It also offers video hosting services to its customers, so that customers can upload their exclusive content on YouTube.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon Prime)
Incorporated in 1984, Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, the U.S., with approximately 647,500 employees. The company offers various products and services all across world. Amazon.com, Inc. mainly focuses on e-Commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. The company distributes downloads and streaming of video, music, and audiobooks through its Prime Video, Amazon Music, and audible subsidiaries.
- Netflix, Inc.
Incorporated in 1992, Netflix, Inc. is the world’s leading Internet entertainment service provider with over 139 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. The company has three reportable segments: domestic streaming, international streaming, and domestic DVD. Netflix, Inc. offers its products and services all across the world except in mainland China (due to local restrictions), Syria, North Korea, and Crimea (due to the U.S. sanctions).
- Other major players operating in the global online streaming platform market and profiled in the report include
- Muvi LLC
- Ustream (IBM Cloud)
- Vimeo, LLC
- Disney+ Hotstar
- SpotX, Inc.
Online Streaming Platform Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global online streaming platform market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the online streaming platform market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the online streaming platform market will progress during the forecast period 2020 - 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the online streaming platform market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the online streaming platform market, during the forecast period. It also includes impact analysis of COVID-19 on the online streaming platform market. The global online streaming platform market report helps to estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the online streaming platform market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players currently dominating the online streaming platform market, wherein various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Online Streaming Platform Market
The report provides detailed information about the online streaming platform market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the online streaming platform industry, so as to help them formulate successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the online streaming platform?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the online streaming platform market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the online streaming platform market?
- What are the major drivers and restraints of the market?
- What will be the size of the online streaming platform market from 2020 to 2030?
- Which will be the fastest growing segment in the online streaming platform market?
- Which are the leading companies in the online streaming platform market?
- What are the strategies of the companies operating in the market?
Research Methodology – Online Streaming Platform Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the online streaming platform market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the online streaming platform market. During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the online streaming platform market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, and data of major countries of the world, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the online streaming platform market.
Online Streaming Platform Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the online streaming platform market on the basis of service, application, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the online streaming platform market.