Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market: Introduction
- Food delivery service can be online or offline. Online on-demand food delivery service operate via the online platform which can be accessed using web portals or apps. Users can access the web portals or mobile applications with one click.
- Online on-demand food delivery services tie up with local restaurants such as quick service restaurants (QSRs) and full service restaurants (FSRs) for food delivery.
- The business of delivering restaurant meals to homes is undergoing rapid change as new online platforms race to capture markets and customers across the globe.
Key Drivers of the Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market
- The rapid penetration of internet- enabled devices and the accessibility of a wide range of online dishes is inspiring consumers to order food online. Moreover, online food delivery applications deal with several offers, discounts, and payment modes such as cash-on-delivery and online payment. This helps consumers to choose multiple dishes from several restaurants.
- Various such benefits or deals offered by food delivery applications are increasing the accessibility for consumers, which is expected to boost the growth of the online on-demand food delivery services market growth during the forecast years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global online on-demand food delivery services market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the online on-demand food delivery services market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the online on-demand food delivery services market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America online on-demand food delivery services market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- USA, Italy, Japan, U.K, and Australia are the highest revenue generating countries in the online on-demand food delivery services market globally. The United States is the biggest market for food delivery business. This is due to rising investments by vendors to expand the efficiency of logistics and the growing consumer willingness to opt for this service, which is encouraging market growth in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key players operating in the online on-demand food delivery services market are estimated to witness rising demand for these services during the forecast period. The market is fragmented and competitive, and the degree of competition and fragmentation is expected to grow in the coming years. Vendors are focusing on strategies of acquisitions, expansions, and collaborations with startup companies to gain significant share of the market, besides the trend of contractual partnerships and delivery agreements.
In August 2019, Zomato partnered with FarEye, a digital logistics company, to help restaurants stay compliant with guidelines of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
In December 2019, cab company Uber was in negotiations to invest US$100-200 Mn in new capital as part of the sale of its India food-delivery business to local rival Zomato. If the merger goes through, UberEats and Zomato may dominate in terms of size and number of orders, ahead of Swiggy, in a strongly disputed and cash-intensive online food delivery market.
A few of the key players operating in the global online on-demand food delivery services market are:
- Delivery Hero SE
- Just Eat Holding Limited
- Uber Technologies Inc.
- Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, Request for a Sample
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market: Research Scope
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, by Type
- New Delivery
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, by Order Type
- Mobile App
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, by Restaurant Type
- Single Chain
- Multi Chain
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, by Business Model
- Order-focused Food Delivery Service
- Logistics-focused Food Delivery Service
Global Online On-demand Food Delivery Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.