One-component Foam Market: Self-adhesive, Self-hardening, and Excellent Insulating Material
- One-component foam (OCF) is also known as one-component polyurethane foam. It is a self-adhesive, self-expanding, moisture-curing and gap filler material. It is used in construction projects for filling of gaps in doors, windows, roofs, and ceilings.
- One-component foam is widely used in several end-use industries such as building & construction, fire retardants, and consumer goods. Increasing popularity of self-hardening and self-expanding sealing foams is likely to fuel the one-component foam market in the next few years.
- One-component foam is also employed for filling of gaps in pipes and outdoor vents. It is largely used for prevention of air passage through a small space. One-component foams usually expand and become air-tight at the surface on which they are applied. Adoption of one-component foam has gained momentum over the last few years, owing to its excellent self-ceiling mechanism. This is a key factor projected to boost the global one-component foam market during the forecast period.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the One-component Foam Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global One-component Foam Market
- Rapid growth of the global construction industry led by rise in the disposable income of people is a key factor anticipated to boost the demand for one-component foams during the forecast period. One-component foam is a superior-quality polyurethane material used to attain short curing time and better adhesion to surfaces. These benefits make OCF useful for shortening of gaps and reducing leakages from walls, doors, and windows.
- Increasing demand for superior-quality adhesives with insulating properties in the construction industry is anticipated to boost the demand for one-component foams during the forecast period. Developing economies such as China, South Korea, and India are witnessing rapid growth of the construction sector owing to increase in the middle-class population. This is a key factor expected to boost the one-component foam market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Extensive R&D activities by major companies in collaboration with government authorities are helping in enhancing the quality of adhesives and foaming components. Technological advancements in making of polyurethane foam by using different raw materials are benefiting the end-users. This factor is projected to boost the global one-component foam market during the forecast period.
Polyether Polyols Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Polyether polyols is one of the key raw materials used in the manufacture of one-component foam products. It is widely used in the foam industry owing to its high flexibility. The polyether polyols segment is projected to witness immense growth opportunities during the forecast period.
- Foam manufacturers across the world largely use raw materials such as methylene diphenyl diisocyanate in the production of one-component foam products. Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate is also called MDI. The MDI segment is projected to dominate the global one-component foam market during the forecast period.
Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials to Hamper Market:
- One-component foam products and raw materials required in its production are derived from crude oil or fossil fuel. Raw materials such as methylene diphenyl diisocyanate, polyether polyol, and polyester polyol are mostly produced from crude oil products.
- However, crude oil prices are highly volatile in nature, due to changing international tariff rates for imports and exports impacting trade volumes. Highly fluctuating crude oil prices and raw material prices are likely to hamper for the global one-component foam market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on One-component Foam Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global One-component Foam Market
- Geographically, the global market for one-component foam can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is projected to be a leading consumer of one-component foam products, followed by North America and Europe, in the near future.
- Rising demand for self-adhesive and self-hardening materials in China, India, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for one-component foam during the forecast period
- Moreover, rising demand for foams and insulations in the building & construction industry across developing markets of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for companies operating in the one-component foam market in the region in the near future
- Rising FDIs in the construction industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is a primary factor anticipated to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rising demand for insulating, adhesive and self-hardening materials is likely to boost the one-component foam market in North America and Europe In the next few years
- Recovery of economy in Latin America and rising construction activities in Middle East & Africa led by raised living standards in GCC are key factors likely to boost the market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global One-component Foam Market:
The one-component foam market witnesses presence of a large number of players operating at regional and international levels. A few of the key players operating in the global one-component foam market are:
- Soudal Group
- Den Braven Sealants
- Tremco illbruck
- Henkel AG & Company
- Krimelte OÜ
- DOW Chemical Company
- Profflex Mounting Foams
Global One-component Foam Market: Research Scope
Global One-component Foam Market, by Raw Material
- Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate
- Polyether Polyol
- Polyester Polyol
Global One-component Foam Market, by Application
- Door & Window Frame Jambs
- Ceiling & Floor Joints
- Partition Walls
- Water Pipes
Global One-component Foam Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.