Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services: Introduction
- Oil and gas logistics refers to the transportation of petroleum products, extracted crude oil & gas, and drilling equipment from one place to another. Oil and gas logistics covers entire phases from upstream to downstream.
- Oil and gas logistics companies require consulting services in order to optimize supply chain operation processes. These consulting services are known as oil and gas logistics consulting services. Demand for consulting services has been rising over the last few years due to increase in globalization, rise in digitization of business & operating models, and growth in the need to manage risk and enhance sustainability. Key drivers of the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market are cost-cutting and downsizing that have led to improvements in diverse business processes.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services Market
- Increase in demand for transportation of petroleum products from one place to another in order to cater to the rising demand for refined products is a major factor driving the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market. Oil & gas consulting services help logistics companies minimize the risk involved in transportation services and reduce the cost of transportation.
- Increase in demand for consulting services to lower the cost of logistics by improving the supply chains and logistics operations (such as procurement, product processing and kitting, warehousing, and shipping) of logistics companies is anticipated to augment the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market during the forecast period. Consulting companies analyze information to identify and resolve logistics problems and provide advice to improve productivity and material transportation processes using planning; design of distribution networks; and technology and specialized software.
- Rise in investment in designing of transportation infrastructure such as pipeline infrastructure is also likely to propel the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Oil & Gas Logistics
Rapid transmission of coronavirus is significantly impacting the global oil and gas logistics market due to decline in demand for petroleum products in several end-use industries along with the halt in operation of crude oil production line. Decrease in demand for oil and gas logistics is expected to hamper the demand for oil & gas logistics consulting services in the near future.
Downstream Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global oil and gas logistics consulting services market can be segmented based on services and sector
- In terms of services, the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market can be divided into material handling, infrastructure design, freight transportation, and others
- In terms of sector, the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market can be classified into upstream, midstream, and downstream. The downstream segment is anticipated to witness considerable growth due to increase in demand for transportation of refined petroleum products.
North America Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market can be segregated into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The oil and gas logistics consulting services market in North America is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region can be ascribed to rise in demand for drilling equipment along with ongoing investments in exploration & production of shale gas.
- The oil and gas logistics consulting services market in Europe is projected to expand during the forecast period due to increase in the use of blockchain technology in oil and gas transportation. Furthermore, increase in need to import petroleum products is propelling the oil and gas logistics consulting services in the region.
- This market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period due to increase in export of natural gas
- The oil and gas logistics consulting services market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period due to ongoing capital expenditure in drilling activities primarily in GCC countries
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global oil and gas logistics consulting services market include:
- BAKER & O'BRIEN, INC.
- PLG Consulting
- MAINE POINTE
- noatum logistics
- Scan Global Logistics
- MWPVL International, Inc.
- Bain & Company, Inc.
Global Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services Market: Research Scope
Global Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services Market, by Services
- Material Handling
- Freight Transportation
- Infrastructure Designing
Global Oil and Gas Logistics Consulting Services Market, by Sector
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.