Offshore Drilling Platforms Market: Overview
- Drilling rigs are used in offshore exploration such as deep water, shallow water, and ultra-deep water. The different types of drilling rigs used for offshore operations are jackup rigs, semi-submersible rigs, drill ships, and others.
- The platform plays a vital role in overall operation of offshore drilling or production. An offshore drilling platform accommodates all the required equipment and workers needed for exploration and drilling.
- The drilling platform consists of a drilling rig derrick through which the drill string is lowered into the rock formation for drilling application. The drill string is operated by power unit or by rotary table directly on the platform.
- An oil production platform is self-sufficient in energy and water needs, comprising electrical generation, water declinators, and all other equipment required for drilling and production
- Based on application, different offshore drilling platforms are developed such as fixed platform, compliant platform, and floating platform. A fixed platform is erected on the legs that are fixed at the bottom of the sea. A floating platform is a small, semi-submersible platform held in position using a simple anchor or by its own power.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Offshore Drilling Platforms Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market
- Increase in demand for oil & gas due to urbanization, industrialization, and population growth drives the global offshore drilling platforms market
- Rise in exploration and new discovery of oil & gas deposits in deep and ultra-deep water propels the offshore drilling platforms market. The recent discovery by BP of more than 1 billion barrels of oil in its Thunder Horse field in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to witness exploration and drilling operations spanning several years.
- In November 2017, Shell Australia completed the installation of Prelude, one of the world's largest offshore facility ever constructed and the largest floating liquefied natural gas platform. According to Shell Australia, Prelude can sustain harsh wind and sea conditions, including a one in 10,000-year storm.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market
- Based on region, the global offshore drilling platforms market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in North America dominated the global offshore drilling platforms market in 2018. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period owing to discovery of shale gas reserves in the U.S. and presence of large number of private oil companies in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to account for major share of the global offshore drilling platforms market during the forecast period. The North Sea has considerable number of installed offshore rigs, as it is one of the world’s largest area of offshore oil and gas exploitation.
- Middle East & Africa has significant oil reserves onshore and offshore. The offshore discoveries and development, particularly in the Red Sea region, by countries such as Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia are anticipated to drive the offshore drilling platforms market in the region.
- The offshore drilling platforms market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is projected to grow at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Increase in investments in energy generation and rise in offshore exploration activities are expected to drive the market in the region in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Offshore Drilling Platforms Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market
Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market: Top Companies
- Keppel Corporation Limited
- Sembcorp Marine Ltd.
- DSME Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- National Oilwell Varco
- CIMC Raffles Offshore Engineering Pte Ltd.
- Maersk Drilling
Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market: Research Scope
Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market, by Type
- Fixed Platform
- Jackup Rigs
- Steel Platforms
- Concrete Platforms
- Others (topsides, jackets)
- Compliant Platform
- Tension-leg Platforms
- Floating Platforms
- Floating Production, Storage, and Offloading System (FPSO)
- Semi-submersible Platform
Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market, by Water Depth
- Shallow Water (< 300 meters )
- Deep Water (< 1500 meters)
- Ultra Deep Water (> 1500 meters)
Global Offshore Drilling Platforms Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.