Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market: Introduction
- Off-highway vehicle telematics solutions enable continuous monitoring of the location, status, health, and utilization of equipment through the use of OHV telematics devices that support GPS, cellular, or satellite connectivity for access to real-time equipment data
Key Drivers of Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market
- Rise in demand for OHV data analysis, improved productivity and utilization, and reduced operational costs associated with maintenance and repairs are key drivers of the market. These benefits are prompting fleet managers to prefer productivity tools to improve management, which in turn is boosting the off-highway telematics market.
- Regulations in developed regions to equip telematics in off-highway vehicles for better tracking of vehicle emissions, fuel emissions, driver hour regulation, and accident detection are driving the off-highway telematics market. In the U.S., commercial vehicles use electronic logging devices (ELD) or electronic onboard recorders (EOBR) to improve road safety. Compliance for ELDs has been increasing since the mandate was first announced in 2014. This has led to an increase in the demand due to their added benefits over standard ELDs, such as vehicle analytics, accident detection, driver behavior monitoring, and fuel consumption analysis. In the European Union, all business vehicles should obey driver hour regulations and have their vehicles fitted with a tachygraphy if these vehicles weigh more than 3,500 kilograms.
- Popularity of telematics systems is increasing in heavy-duty on and off-highway equipment markets. Major OEMs are currently integrating telematics systems as standard on their vehicles, which is currently being extended to other range models and equipment categories. Expansion of end-use industries, such as construction, mining and agriculture, especially in developing countries is also estimated to further drive the demand for off-road vehicles and consequently, propel the off-highway vehicle telematics market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has affected national as well as international automotive supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations and consequently, hampered the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19 global economies have started opening up automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations. Thus, the COVID impact on the industry have seems to reach a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has prompted governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. A gradual recovery in demand of automotive and ancillaries is anticipated in the next few months despite concerns around the risk of a second wave of infection in numerous countries and other geopolitical risks.
Opportunities in Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market
- In telematics, several options are available in terms of device type, vehicle class, and asset equipment. Vehicle telematics use locational data and data from other sensors to display information about motor vehicle operation. Some data is based on global navigation satellite systems such as the global positioning system (GPS). Therefore, telematics pricing works with GPS Insight on a per-vehicle or a per-month basis. The per-unit cost correlates to the kind of solution and features client opts for based on his business requirement. Additionally, telematics end-users can opt for other options for a few years and receive most hardware at zero cost with free installation. Therefore, the availability of telematics solutions according to the client’s requirement and budget is likely to fuel the off-highway vehicle telematics market in reaching wide class fleet operators in the next few years.
Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market in Asia Pacific to expand at a notable growth rate
- Penetration of telematics technology in off-highway vehicles in North America is higher as compared to that in other regions. Since 2009, 80% of heavy, off-road pieces of equipment produced in the U.S. have been equipped with equipment monitoring technology and the off-highway vehicle (OHV) telematics. As of March 2017, telematics systems must be installed in all new passenger and light-duty federal vehicle acquisitions as well as in medium-duty vehicles where appropriate. The executive order also requires federal fleets to account for data in a fleet management information system (FMIS), acquire electric vehicles, and plan for fueling infrastructure, all within the context of reducing greenhouse gas emissions per mile. These factors are anticipated to collectively driving the penetration of telematics technology in off-highway vehicles in the region.
Key Players Operating in Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market
The global off-highway vehicle telematics market is moderately concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global off-highway vehicle telematics market are:
- ACTIA Group
- Airbiquity Inc.
- AT&T Inc
- Bridgestone Europe NV/SA
- Denso Corp
- Harman International Industries Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- KORE Wireless
- MiX Telematics Limited
- Navman Wireless
- ORBCOMM Inc
- TomTom International BV
- Topcon Corporation
- Trackunit A/S
- Wacker Neuson SE
- Zonar Systems Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market, Request for a Sample
Global Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market: Research Scope
Global Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market, by End-use Application
- Dump Trucks
- Surface Mining Machinery
- Underground Mining Machinery
Global Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market, by Technology
Global Off-Highway Vehicle Telematics Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.