Nuclear Fuel Mining Market: Introduction
- Nuclear fuel mining is mining of uranium and thorium, which are widely used nuclear fuels found in the earth’s crust. Especially, uranium is used on a large scale and it is found naturally, with an average concentration of 2.8 parts per million (ppm) in the earth's crust.
- Uranium is more abundant than silver, mercury, and gold. Also, large amounts of uranium are found in oceans, with low concentrations.
- In case of nuclear fuel mining, special mining techniques are employed; for example, dust suppression and remote handling. These techniques help protect workers from exposure to radiations and ensure safety of the general public as well as environment.
- According to World Nuclear Association, approximately 10% of the world's electricity is generated by about 440 nuclear power reactors. Also, 50 more reactors are under construction, with their capacity equivalent to approximately 15% of the existing capacity.
Key Drivers of Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market
- Nuclear fuel mining witnesses high demand globally, owing to rising demand for nuclear fuel. Increasing demand for power led by growth in population and industrialization is anticipated to fuel the global nuclear fuel mining market during the forecast period.
- Also, rising demand for clean energy is estimated to boost the demand for nuclear fuel mining in the near future, as nuclear fuel is the world's second-largest source of low-carbon power generation. In 2018, 12 countries worldwide fulfilled at least 25% of their electricity demand from nuclear fuel.
- However, high initial investments, government regulations, and health hazards is estimated to act as a restraining factor for the global nuclear fuel mining market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- In October 2019, the Atomic Minerals Directorate (AMD) has found high levels of uranium concentration in groundwater samples across the Lambapur-Peddagattu region, known for large uranium deposits, in Nalgonda district of the Telangana state of India. The Uranium Corporation of India (UCIL) plans to set up an open pit and three underground mines in Telangana.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market
- Based on region, the global nuclear fuel mining market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global nuclear fuel mining market during the forecast period, as the region has the maximum number of uranium-producing mines. In Kazakhstan, uranium mining is carried at four locations. The country produced around 8,255 tons of uranium in 2018. Also, nuclear power facilities have been developed in Finland, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, and the U.K. this is likely to boost the market for nuclear fuel mining in Europe during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a considerable share of the global nuclear fuel mining market between 2019 and 2027. Nuclear fuel mining and exploration activities are carried out in China, Bangladesh, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and Thailand. Also, China, India, and Japan are developing their own nuclear power generation capacities.
- North America is anticipated to account for a considerable share of the global nuclear fuel mining market during the forecast period. Moreover, the U.S. is anticipated to be the leading producer of nuclear power in the next few years, accounting for more than 30% share of global nuclear power generation.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are estimated to hold a minor share of the global nuclear fuel mining market during the forecast period. In Middle East & Africa, uranium mining is carried out in Niger and Namibia.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market
- Cameco Corp.
- Rio Tinto
- Uranium One
Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market: Research Scope
Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market, by Type
- Open-pit Mining
- Underground Mining
Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market, by Type of Deposits
Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market, by Processing Method
- Conventional Agitation Leach
- Heap Leaching
- In-situ Leach Mining & Recovery
Global Nuclear Fuel Mining Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.