Nasal Spray Packaging Market
Nasal Spray Packaging Market (Container Type: Pump Bottles and Pressurized Canisters; Drug Type: Saline Nasal Spray, Decongestion Nasal Spray, Steroid Nasal Spray, and Antihistamine Nasal Spray; and Dosage Form: Single-dose and Multi-dose) - North America Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
New Coronavirus Strains Reignite Innovations in Nasal Sprays, Packaging
A self-administered nitric oxide nasal spray made by the Vancouver-based biotech firm SaNOtize is being bolstered by its Phase II trial data for potentially reducing the COVID-19 viral load in infected patients. Such trends are creating business opportunities for manufacturers in the North America nasal spray packaging market.
The introduction of COVID-19 vaccines has slowed down the pace of innovations in nasal sprays. However, new virus strains and lack of guarantee to remain COVID-19-free after vaccination have reignited potentials in nasal spray products. Companies in the North America nasal spray packaging market are benefitting from such trends. Packaging companies are collaborating with healthcare companies to develop safe and powerful antiviral nasal spray formulations that avoid interfering with the container materials.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Nasal Spray Packaging Market
Aluminum Lined with Epoxide in Metal Containers Helps Avoid Chemical Attacks
The North America nasal spray packaging market is expected to surpass ~121 million units by the end of 2030. However, certain materials such as metals in pump bottles and pressurized canisters are subject to reactivity in raw state of nasal spray formulations. In order to overcome this issue, manufacturers are using aluminum lined with epoxide, vinyl or phenolic resins to avoid reactivity in raw state of nasal spray formulations.
Tin is gaining popularity for being resistant to chemical attacks. However, it is one of the most expensive metals compared to aluminum, iron, and lead.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Adherence to CRSF Regulatory Requirements Enables Manufacturers to Bolster Credibility Credentials
Child-resistant and senior-friendly packaging solutions are of high demand in the North America nasal spray packaging market. Aptar Pharma - a specialist in product delivery systems and consumer packaging solutions is capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce its child-resistant and senior-friendly closure for nasal sprays. Manufacturers in the North America nasal spray packaging market are increasing their R&D capabilities to develop simple and intuitive nasal spray systems, whilst maintaining safety to gain a competitive edge over other market players.
Packaging companies in the U.S. nasal spray packaging market are adhering to regulatory requirements of CRSF (Child Resistant & Senior Friendly) packaging solutions for multi-dose dispensers. They are making use of well-established CRSF technologies that ensure safety during use and prevent accidental access.
Innovative Containers Compatible with Next Gen Saline, Seawater Nasal Sprays
Manufacturers in the North America nasal spray packaging market are boosting their output capacities in spray bottles with nebulizer and pump systems to establish steady income streams. Since saline nasal spray formulations are anticipated to dominate the highest revenue share among all drug types in the market, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in carbonated saline-based medical products.
Companies in the North America nasal spray packaging market are entering into partnerships to develop materials that support next gen saline and seawater nasal sprays. They are developing packaging solutions that are compatible with drug-free nasal rinses compounded with clinically proven ingredients of saline and carbon dioxide (CO2).
Turnkey Industrialized Packaging Formats Gain Prominence in Allergic Rhinitis Nasal Sprays
The high prevalence of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis in adults and children has triggered the demand for robust nasal spray formulations and packaging in the U.S. and Canada. The growing demand for a fixed-dose combination nasal spray is translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the North America nasal spray packaging market. Serious symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and nasal itching have fueled the demand for nasal spray products.
Allergic rhinitis dramatically affects a person’s quality of life and leads to functional impairments. Hence, manufacturers in the North America nasal spray packaging market are taking advantage of this opportunity to boost their production capabilities for product containers and bottles. They are increasing focus in fully industrialized formats that are configured for existing filling and packaging lines.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Nasal Spray Packaging Market
Pharmaceutical companies have entered the competition to develop antiviral nasal sprays for COVID-19, due to the evolution of new virus strains. Manufacturers are developing containers that align with individual volume specifications. However, the North America nasal spray packaging market is estimated to register a sluggish CAGR of 5.1% during the assessment period. This is evident since the competitive landscape of the market is fragmented. Hence, manufacturers should cater to niche requirements of consumers such as developing child-resistant and senior-friendly packaging solutions for nasal sprays in order to stand out from the competition. Extensive R&D power, high manufacturing standards, and molding experience are bolstering credibility credentials.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the North America nasal spray packaging market for the historical period of 2015-2019 and forecast period of 2020-2030, the market is expected to be driven by the strong and consistent nasal drug consumption across various countries of the region
- The North America nasal spray packaging market is expected to clock a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period
- Nasal spray packaging adds excellent dimensional stability and sufficient capacity of drug for multiple use, thereby increasing consumption at North America. This has resulted in noteworthy demand for nasal spray packaging solutions across North America.
Needle-free Vaccination and Systemic Delivery of Drugs Driving Nasal Spray Packaging Market in North America
- Nasal drug delivery is well-established as the favored means to topically cure local infections of the nasal opening, such as some allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion. Furthermore, nasal drug delivery has appeared as a successful way for needle-free immunization and complete delivery of drugs where rapid concentration and strokes are crucial; for instance, in migraine crisis and pain management.
- Conventional nasal drug delivery containers often use non-metering of drug formulations and take the form of droppers or squeeze bottles. However, pre-measured nasal spray containers provide a quantified dose each time. Moreover, the spray generated by these new systems will give consumers a uniform covering of particles or droplets on focus areas, for more effective drug delivery and absorption. This is contributing significantly to the nasal spray packaging market growth.
- Consumers today can get both unit and bi-dose nasal drug delivery spray devices either commercialized or in progress to cure many disorders, including hormonal diseases, migraine, pain management, sleeping aids, vaccines and among others. All these factors are likely to reinforce the North America nasal spray packaging market growth substantially.
Manufactures Facing Challenges to Meet Standards of Regulatory Requirements
- With high-end technological advancements in the nasal drug delivery, technical, and regulatory expectations for nasal sprays have been evolving over the past few years, across North America
- According to the U.S. FDA, nasal spray devices should meet standard particle or droplet size spreading, spray pattern, and dose content homogeneity, which are in higher expectations. Some local or emerging players operating in the nasal spray packaging market are unable to meet the increasing regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Regulatory agencies believe nasal drug delivery devices to undertake human factor analysis (HFA) through R&D procedure. Tiny unit or bi-dose drug delivery spray devices are appropriate to these undertakings due to their simple design & size, and can be easily modified and customized.
- However, some multi-dose nasal drug delivery devices sometimes are unable to meet the standards in terms of key HFA factors, such as consumer influences, consumer environment, device complexity, failure modes, and others. Due to all these concerns, the North America nasal spray packaging market growth is expected to be hindered to some extent in the foreseeable future.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Key Findings
- In terms of volume, pump bottles are estimated to account for higher market share driven by economical price and wide drug usage. The segment is expected to capture around 4/5th of the market share by 2025.
- Based on drug type, saline nasal spray is projected to account for nearly 35% of the market share by 2030 due to its increasing use in multi-dose types of packaging formats. On the other hand, the steroid nasal spray segment is anticipated to expand two-fold in North America.
- In terms of dosage form, the multi-dose segment is anticipated to create highest incremental opportunity of US$ 25 Mn during the forecast period
- The U.S. is expected to account for around 85% share of the market in North America market by 2025, and this market in the country is projected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR studied that the North America nasal spray packaging market is highly competitive for new players, owing to highly established existing players operating in the market. This rivalry among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the companies over the past five years.
- In the recent study on the nasal spray packaging market, TMR team included profiles of leading players. This includes
- Berry North America Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- AptarGroup, Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Service Inc.
- Amcor PLC
- Nolato AB
- Bormioli Pharma United States Inc.
- Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A
- SGD S.A.
- Comar LLC
- among others.
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, AptarGroup, Inc., Bormioli Pharma and Berry North America Inc. are identified as Tier 1 players. In 2019, these companies hold a cumulative market share of ~15-25%. The Tier 2 players include Gerresheimer AG, West Pharmaceutical Service Inc., Amcor Plc, and some other major players. Tier 3 players are Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A., Nolato AB, SGD S.A., Comar. LLC, and many other players from across the globe.
COVID-19 to Offer Growth Opportunities to Nasal Spray Packaging Market in North America
- North America consumption of nasal spray packaging products is projected to knock billions of doses in 2020, due to rapid rise in the healthcare products’ consumption amid COVID-19. The recent coronavirus pandemic is helping to gain these record figures, due to urgency of vaccination to each individual of the globe, as nasal sprays have received recognition for needle-free vaccination.
- Governments and drug companies around the world have engaged in either producing or developing new nasal spray drugs for the treatment of the novel coronavirus.
- In August 2020, The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the SPRAVATO (esketamine) CIII nasal spray
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the North America nasal spray packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2030. In the study, growth opportunity for the nasal spray packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the nasal spray packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market Report
- What will be market size for nasal spray packaging by the end of 2030?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on nasal spray packaging market?
- Which type of container is expected to be most preferred for nasal spray packaging? What was its market size in 2019?
- Which country will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which dosage form holds maximum market share in the North America nasal spray packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the nasal spray packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the nasal spray packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the North America nasal spray packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the North America market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of nasal spray packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the nasal spray packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the nasal spray packaging market are provided on the basis of container type, drug type, dosage form, and country.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The nasal spray packaging market is analyzed at country level.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the nasal spray packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of nasal spray packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for nasal spray packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the nasal spray packaging market report include Berry North America Inc., Gerresheimer AG, AptarGroup, Inc., West Pharmaceutical Service Inc., Amcor PLC, Nolato AB, Bormioli Pharma United States Inc., Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A, SGD S.A., and Comar LLC, among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the nasal spray packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the nasal spray packaging market. The report has further gone through a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the nasal spray packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
North America Nasal Spray Packaging Market – Segmentation
The North America nasal spray packaging market has been bifurcated on the basis of container type, drug type, dosage form, and country. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.