Nordic Beverage Packaging Market: Overview
Nordic beverage packaging offers protection of beverages from chemical deterioration and leakage. Additionally, it aids in enhancing the shelf life of the product. This has led to an increase in popularity of these packaging solutions in the beverage manufacturing industry. The Nordic beverage packaging market is expected to grow leaps and bounds during the forecast period owing to a rise in demand for carbonated drinks.
Nordic Beverage Packaging Market: Notable Developments
Below are a few notable developments in the Nordic beverage packaging market:
- Plant based PET bottles is one of the most significant innovations in the beverage packaging industry. Coca-Cola’s has developed a beverage packaging solution called PlantBottle made from thirty percent sugarcane based materials. It offers reduced carbon emissions as there dependency of petroleum based PET. Along with Coca-Cola PepsiCo has also launched 100% plant based packaging solution. These developments have played a key role in strengthening the growth ground of Nordic beverage packaging market.
- Development of soft pouch packaging has served as a major landmark in beverage packaging market. This type of packaging is lightweight and requires minimal material for manufacturing, thereby reducing the carbon footprint. Additionally, these pouches offer protection against drink spiking. Moreover, the compact packaging makes it easy to carry. Soft pouch packaging is gradually entering the alcoholic beverages packaging industry, thereby presenting several growth opportunities for the Nordic beverages packaging market.
Key players in the Nordic beverage packaging market include Amcor Limited, Reynolds Group Holdings Limited, Sonoco Products Company, Danish Bottling Company A/S, and Bemis Company.
Nordic Beverage Packaging Market: Key Growth Dynamics
There is a rise in demand for recyclable beverage packaging solutions in Nordic regions owing to the regulations laid down by the Nordic governments pertaining to reduction of landfills. This resulted in an increase in production of recyclable beverage packaging solution leading to a surge in the Nordic beverage packaging market. Additionally, an expansion in the beverage manufacturing industry has contributed to the market’s expansion in the Nordic region.
Furthermore, rising emphasis on sustainable packaging solutions owing to a rise in consumer awareness has highly driven the Nordic beverage market’s growth. Along with this, high demand for PET bottles for the packaging of fresh juices and brew coffee has expedited the market’s expansion. PET bottles offer an enhanced shelf appeal and are highly cost-effective.
In recent times, there is a rise in the development of smart packaging solutions due to an increase in level of counterfeit beverages. As result manufactures are increasingly developing bottles with smart tags in order to provide information regarding the contents in the beverage. This has impacted the Nordic beverage packaging market positively, thereby creating new growth avenues.
On the downside, there are a few hindrances that may cause a shortfall in the Nordic beverage packaging market. Factors such as lack of raw materials in the remote areas may hamper the market’s growth. However, initiatives taken by Nordic governments to promote the adoption of sustainable beverage packaging may present several growth opportunities for the Nordic beverage packaging market.
Nordic Beverage Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, Sweden accounts for the highest share in the Nordic beverage packaging market. This is on account of surge in production of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in this region. Additionally, high prevalence of microbreweries has contributed to the market’s growth in this region. Iceland is expected to show a substantial growth during the forecast period owing to a high consumption of beverages.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.