Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market: Overview
- Nonwoven membranes are broadly defined as web structures or sheets bonded together by entangling fibers or filaments mechanically, chemically, or thermally
- Nonwoven industrial membranes are used widely in the biopharmaceutical industry, as their intermediates and products are prone to degradation due to chemical treatment and heat. Harvesting of cells and recuperation of biomass is a key step in the process of fermentation during the manufacture of products such as antibiotics. Filtration improves production and reduces operator’s workload and maintenance costs. Membranes are also a standard part of production lines for enzymes.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market
Rise in Demand for Nonwoven Industrial Membranes in Pharmaceutical & Medical Industry to Drive Market
- Rapid industrialization and increase in number of end-use applications are key factors expected to drive the nonwoven industrial membranes market. Nonwoven industrial membranes are an ideal choice for usage in a wide range of industries and applications, as they are lightweight and spun bonded.
- Rise in importance of water and wastewater treatment is another factor anticipated to boost the demand for nonwoven industrial membranes. The primary function of nonwoven membranes is to filter and separate various phases and components of fluid (both air and liquid), which is transported through a medium or to support medium that carries out separation. Nonwoven membranes are low cost, have high durability, adaptability, efficiency, and possess higher airflow. Furthermore, they have the lowest cost vs. benefit/performance.
- Rise in demand for nonwoven industrial membranes in the pharmaceutical & medical industry is driving the market. Heat is used to sterilize wine, juice, and beer; however, a palatable loss in taste was clearly evident upon heating. Similarly, pharmaceuticals lose their effectiveness upon heat addition. Nonwoven industrial membranes are employed in these industries in order to remove bacteria and other undesired suspensions from liquids, a process termed as ‘cold sterilization,’ which negates the use of heat.
- The global nonwoven industrial membranes market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak. Disruption in supply of raw materials is anticipated to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also led to a rise in prices of raw materials. Additionally, industrial shutdown has adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Spiral Wound Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global nonwoven industrial membranes market can be segmented into spiral wound, hollow fiber, tubular, and plate & frame
- The spiral wound segment held major share of the global nonwoven industrial membranes market in 2019. Spiral wound membranes are manufactured by winding consecutive layers of membrane, feed spacers, permeate collection channels, and membranes around a perforated center tube for permeate collection. Popular reverse osmosis membranes are spiral wound. They offer similar advantages as others at lower energy costs due to higher packing density and reduced pumping requirements.
Pharmaceutical & Medical Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the nonwoven industrial membranes market can be divided into water & wastewater treatment, pharmaceutical & medical, food & beverages, chemical, and industrial gas
- The pharmaceutical & medical segment is expected to dominate the global nonwoven industrial membranes market during the forecast period. Toxic chemicals are used in many pharmaceutical processes. Therefore, the need for clean workspace is a priority. This has created significant opportunities for air filters, where industrial membranes are utilized. The pharmaceutical industry includes a wide range of production processes, ranging from simple chemical synthesis to compound drug production.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market
- In terms of region, the global nonwoven industrial membranes market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers as well as growth in trade activities from China. Expansion of the manufacturing industry and the water & wastewater treatment and pharmaceutical & medical sectors in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the nonwoven industrial membranes market in the region in the near future.
- North America is also projected to hold large share of the global nonwoven industrial membranes market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players in Market
- Manufacturers of nonwoven industrial membranes are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace since the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global market are investing in technological developments and new product launch in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global nonwoven industrial membranes market include:
- Berry Global Inc.
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Lydall, Inc.
- Johns Manville
- Twe Group
- Freudenberg Group
- 3m Company
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Fiberweb (India) Ltd.
- HOLLINGSWORTH & VOSE
Global Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market: Research Scope
Global Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market, by Type
- Spiral Wound
- Hollow Fiber
- Plate & Frame
Global Nonwoven Industrial Membranes Market, by Application
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Food & Beverages
- Industrial Gas
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.