Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg: Introduction
- Increase in global population has led to need for smart mobility, smart architecture, and smart energy solutions. Rise in demand for innovations that combine resilience with lower maintenance and high performance is likely to be a key factor propelling the non-woven composites industry in the near future.
- Non-woven glass fiber prepreg is a strong composite material with exceptional mechanical properties. The non-woven prepreg process starts with the formation of glass fiber mesh and subsequent bonding of the mesh with reinforcing chemicals. The combination of reinforcing glass fiber and resin matrix is called prepreg.
- Production of non-woven prepreg entails a clean process and facilitates better conformity and quality of end-product. Characteristics such as good fatigue resistance, corrosion resistance, and ease of use associated with non-woven glass fiber prepreg make it a preferred material in most end-use industries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market
- The use of non-woven fibers has been rising substantially of late. Most of the automobile manufacturers are shifting toward high-performance composites because of its advantages. Non-woven glass fiber prepreg can help lower vehicle emissions, enhance energy efficiency, and increase safety at reduced program costs.
- Several automotive parts such as trunk liners, carpets, and air and fuel filters are made with non-woven fabrics. Increase in demand for lightweight vehicles is expected to augment the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market during the forecast period.
- Wind energy is expected to present significant potential for non-woven glass fiber prepreg in the near future, driven by increase in wind energy installations worldwide. Non-woven glass fiber prepreg based wind turbine blades provide higher load bearing capacity as compared to woven prepreg based blades and are highly suitable for longer wind blades.
- Rise in demand for renewable energy sources for generating electricity and gradual decrease in cost of wind energy are anticipated to boost the installation of wind turbines during the forecast period. Companies are increasing the length of wind blades. These wind blades need a material with high load bearing capability. Rise in efficient wind farm configurations that require larger wind turbine blades is projected to be a key factor propelling the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market.
- Relatively higher cost of prepreg fibers is expected to act as a factor restraining the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Covid-19 Impact on Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market
- The global non-woven composites industry is projected to contract substantially post the coronavirus pandemic, owing to the rising feedstock costs and poor demand
- The global spread of COVID-19 has substantially disrupted the supply chain in the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market. Low production rates, stockpiled inventory issues, and decreased labor availability are likely to be significant supply-side factors hampering the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market in the near future. Weakened consumer sentiment is also estimated to be a prominent demand-side factor adversely affecting the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market.
Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market: End-use Industry Segments
- Based on end-use industry, the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market can be divided into automotive, aerospace & defense, wind energy, electrical & electronics, and others
- Automotive manufacturers have been substituting metal parts with composites in order to achieve weight reduction. The vehicle weight and fuel consumption are co-related; for instance, every single 100 kg saving in weight of vehicle can result in reduction of fuel consumption by approximately 0.4L/100 km from cars. Of late, the automotive industry in the U.S. and EU has been observing stringent regulations pertaining to vehicular weight reduction.
- The aerospace industry was the major consumer of non-woven glass fiber prepreg until recently. These were used in applications including military jets, civil aircraft, aero-engines, helicopters, space satellite, and launchers. The industry is expected to exhibit similar level of demand again by 2025.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market
- In terms of region, the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market during the forecast period. China’s leading position in terms of production and consumption of non-woven glass fiber prepreg is likely to boost the region’s market share by 2030. Asia Pacific is the largest market for wind turbine installations, the most prominent region for manufacture of electrical and electronic components, the fastest growing aerospace industry, and significant hub for automotive producers. This is projected to present strong growth opportunities for the non-woven glass fiber prepreg market during the forecast period.
Prominent Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global non-woven glass fiber prepreg market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Owens Corning
- SAERTEX GmbH & Co. KG
- Johns Manville
- Hexcel Corporation
- SGL Carbon
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Toray Advanced Composites
- Fibrtec Inc.
- Jonam Composites Ltd
Global Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market: Research Scope
Global Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market, by Grade
- A- Glass
- S- Glass
Global Non-woven Glass Fiber Prepreg Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Wind Energy
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Sports Goods, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.