Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market Outlook
Nonnutritive sweeteners are substances that are used instead of sugar, such as honey, sucrose, agave, nectar, corn syrup, and others. They are used to sweeten food as well as beverage products, and are also used to sweeten other products such as certain medications and oral care products. Nonnutritive sweeteners are also known as artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes. Nonnutritive sweeteners have very less or zero calories. They can be derivative of plants or herbs. Nonnutritive sweeteners have very high sugar intensity as compared to sugar. Aspartame, potassium, acesulfame, neotame, stevia, saccharin, advantame, sucralose, and monk fruit extract are the eight nonnutritive sweeteners that are approved by the FDA (U.S Food and Drug Administration).
Due to less calorie content, nonnutritive sweeteners are widely used in bakeries and confectionaries for the production of sugar-free products. Besides that, growing trend for health & fitness has also compelled consumers to buy products that have less sugar or calorie content. Nonnutritive sweeteners have a great impact on the body; they are beneficial for those suffering from diabetes, obesity, and other health-related disorders. Due to these health beneficial properties, the demand for nonnutritive sweeteners is anticipated to increase rapidly during the forecast period.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Health Benefits of Nonnutritive Sweeteners Lead to Increasing Demand
The growing trend or healthy food among the population is the key factor which is scaling the market demand for nonnutritive sweeteners. Hence, they are being very widely used in the food and beverage industry. Due to less or no-calorie content, nonnutritive sweeteners are widely used in almost all end-use industries for the production of sugar-free products. Nonnutritive sweeteners prevent tooth decay and have a pleasant taste. Due to busy lifestyles and improper food habits, consumers are looking for healthy and ready-to-eat products, which is boosting the market for nonnutritive sweeteners. Thus, nonnutritive sweeteners are being used in food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals for providing nutrition.
As such, nonnutritive sweetener supplements have become very popular, especially in developed regions such as North America and Europe, where the consumption of external supplements for additional nutrition is high.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Custom report
Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market: Segmentation
The nonnutritive sweeteners market can be segmented based on nature, grade type, source, and application.
Based on nature, the nonnutritive sweeteners market can be segmented as –
Based on grade type, the nonnutritive sweeteners market can be segmented as –
- Food Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Industrial Grade
Based on source, the nonnutritive sweeteners market can be segmented as –
Based on application, the nonnutritive sweeteners market can be segmented as –
- Ice Cream Parlors
- RTE (Ready-To-Eat)
- Dietary supplements
- Functional Food
- Functional beverages
Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market: Regional Analysis
The use of nonnutritive sweeteners is very high in both, developed and developing regions. This is due to the increasing demand for nonnutritive sweeteners mainly in food, beverage, and dietary supplements, with North America being the leading market. However, the demand for nonnutritive sweeteners is also expected to increase in the Middle East and African countries such as Syria, Algeria, Morocco, Jordan, and others.
Europe and Asia have very high populations, due to which, there is high demand for nonnutritive sweetener-related products. Obesity is one of the main health issues across the globe. Obesity is a very common health issue in the United States that affects all age groups, due to which, the demand for nonnutritive sweeteners is very high in North America.
Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market: Key Participants
Key players in the global nonnutritive sweeteners market are:
- Nestlé S.A.,
- Tate & Lyle
- MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated
- Niutang Chemical Ltd.
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Symrise AG
- Associated British Foods PLC
- Wilmar International Limited
- Ingredion Incorporated
- American Sugar Refining, Inc
- Roquette Frères
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the nonnutritive sweeteners market ,and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as grade type, application, and nature.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market Segments
- Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market Dynamics
- Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market Size
- Nonnutritive Sweeteners Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Nonnutritive Sweeteners
- Value Chain Analysis of the Nonnutritive Sweeteners Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Nonnutritive Sweeteners market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Nonnutritive Sweeteners market
- Competitive landscape of the Nonnutritive Sweeteners market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Nonnutritive Sweeteners market performance
- Must-have information for Nonnutritive Sweeteners market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE: All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Company.