Non-ferrous Scrap Market: Introduction
- Scrap is a recyclable material produced during manufacturing of automobiles, durable consumer products, building supplies, etc. Non-ferrous scrap is materials that do not have iron content in them. Some prominent non-ferrous scrap materials are aluminum, copper, lead, zinc, etc. According to Bureau of International Recycling (BIR), about 40% of the global demand for copper is supplied from recycled copper materials. Similarly, about 30% of global zinc production is obtained from recycled zinc. The non-ferrous scrap market is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market
- Metals, both non-ferrous and ferrous, are used in everyday life across the globe. Conservation of mineral resources has gained importance with increase in population. Non-ferrous metals are recyclable, and the manufacturing industry is using scrap as a raw material to cater to the needs of society. Generally, the cost of refining a new non-ferrous metal is more than the cost of production from non-ferrous scrap. For instance, as per U.S. Aluminum Association, 90% less electricity is required to produce aluminum from scrap than from bauxite (aluminum ore). Thus, the market for non-ferrous scrap is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for non-ferrous materials is increasing the demand for non-ferrous scrap globally. According to Bureau of International Recycling (BIR), global usage of copper scrap was 5.9 million tons in 2000, which increased by 40% to reach 8.3 million tons in 2015. Over the same period, the London Metal Exchange (LME) price of copper increased from US$ 1,814 to US$ 5,502 per ton, which increased the market size of copper recycling from US$ 10.7 billion to US$ 46.0 billion. This is estimated to propel the non-ferrous scrap market considerably during the forecast period.
- Rapid industrialization all around the world, specifically in developing countries, is expected to fuel the demand for non-ferrous scrap. Furthermore, these industries too emphasize on the collection and recycling of these non-ferrous scrap in order to carry out the respective production activities.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market
- In terms of region, the global non-ferrous scrap market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The non-ferrous scrap market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand during the forecast period. The region is a prominent consumer of non-ferrous scrap material. Developing countries of Asia Pacific generate significant amount of non-ferrous scrap, which is expected to drive the non-ferrous scrap market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market
- Affinia METALS GmbH
- Akjay International LLC.
- Alter Trading Corporation
- Alutrade Ltd.
- European Metal Recycling Limited
- Kuusakoski Group Oy
- OmniSource Corp.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
- Sims Metal Management Inc.
- TSR Recycling GmbH & Co. KG
Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market: Research Scope
Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market, by Scrap Type
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Electronic Scrap, etc.)
Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market, by End-use
- Manufacturing Plants
- Engineering Units
- Others (Recyclers, Traders, Scrap Processors, etc.)
Global Non Ferrous Scrap Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.