Non-Contact Sensor Market: Introduction
- Sensors are devices used to detect and respond to certain types of input from the physical environment. The specific input includes light, heat, motion, moisture, and pressure. The output is a signal that is converted to the location of the sensor on a human-readable screen for further reading or processing.
- Currently, sensors are used in everyday life in all electronic products, and with advancements in technology, the need for instrumentation and automation has been increasing for the last few years. It is expected to continue to grow in the near future.
- Non-contact sensors can detect changes in the electromagnetic field or light within a specific range. Non-contact sensors have a wide range of applications due to the increasing use of process controls and sensor elements in diverse sectors such as industry, consumer electronics, medicine, automotive, security and defense, and entertainment.
- Non-contact sensors record position, speed, temperature, air quality and distance without contact. These sensors are solid-state electronic devices that generate an electromagnetic field or beam to detect any disturbance in that particular field. These sensors require less maintenance, as stationary parts are used for scanning.
- These sensors are reliable; work faster; they work more precisely and have several flexible applications in handling contact sensors. Therefore, the non-contact sensor market is expanding at a rapid pace.
Rising in Demand for Non-Contact Sensors in Consumer Electronics industry
- Based on end-use industry, the consumer electronics segment of the non-contact sensor market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increasing use of non-contact sensor for cleaning equipment and diffusion furnaces applications.
- Non-contact sensors are utilized in diverse applications such as chemical delivery systems, gas scrubbers, ion implant systems, recirculators, deposition equipment (CVD/PVD).
- Moreover, the cleaning equipment and vacuum cleaners & pumps have been an increasingly popular segment of the consumer electronics industry
- Rising adoption of non-contact sensor for various cleaning equipment and gas scrubber applications is further propelling the market
North America to Lead Global Non-Contact Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global non-contact sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The non-contact sensor market in North America is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to wide range of applications of non-contact sensor in various industries such the Consumer electronics industry because of new technological advancements. Thus, technological advancements are expected to increase the demand for non-contact sensors.
- The non-contact sensor market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a consistent pace during the forecast period because of the presence of limited numbers of players in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Non-Contact Sensor Market
The global non-contact sensor market is highly fragmented as a large number of medium and large enterprises are present. Rise in demand for non-contact sensor in the consumer electronics industry is prompting manufacturers of non-contact sensors to invest in the development of advanced sensors to be utilized in the latest products.
Key players operating in the global non-contact sensor market include:
- Ametek, Inc.
- AUTOMATION PRODUCTS GROUP, INC.
- Eaton Corp.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Endress+Hauser Group Services AG
- First Sensor AG
- Gems Sensors, Inc.
- Honeywell international inc.
- ifm electronic Gmbh
- Pepperl+Fuchs Vertrieb Deutschland GmbH
- Sapcon Instruments Pvt Ltd
- Siemens AG
- SSI Technologies, Inc.
- Stoneridge Inc.
Global Non-Contact Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Non-Contact Sensor Market, by Type
- ultrasonic sensor
- photo-electric sensor
- flow sensors
- infrared sensors (IR)
Global Non-Contact Sensor Market, by Application
- Ice making
- Coffee making
- X-Ray Machines
- Vacuum Pump
- Others (Diesel Locomotives, Medical Lasers etc.)
Global Non-Contact Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverage
- Power generation
- Others (Transportation, Semiconductors etc.)
Global Non-Contact Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!