Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry: Introduction
- Noise control systems are noise-prevention systems that help reduce the noise level from mining machines
- Rise in mechanization has resulted in an increase in noise levels, leading to high noise levels in underground and open pit mines and mineral processing plants
- Occupational noise in underground mines has reached intolerable levels due to the reverberant nature of narrower spaces
- The management of noise from mining operations is acknowledged as a fundamental responsibility of the mining industry. Applying a noise management system that comprises noise surveys, day and night noise mitigation, and some level of noise monitoring is the primary function required to meet environmental impact standard in most locations.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry
- Increase in mining activities across the globe is the major factor driving the noise control system market. In August 2019, Rio Tinto started the development of a new copper project in Arizona, one of the few new major known deposits of the metal, with the potential to meet around 25% of the demand in the U.S. Such contracts increase the demand for noise control system in the mining industry.
- Rise in demand for power is expected to boost the demand for coal in the power industry, thereby propelling the demand for mining. This provides positive influence on the growth of the market. According to the World Coal Association, coal accounted for approximately 38% of the total electricity generated in 2018. This percentage has remained almost unchanged in the last 20 years.
- Rise in industrialization in developing nations is also projected to propel the mining market, primarily due to the increasing demand for metal products. This further boosts the noise control system market for mining industry. However, large cost of noise control systems is a key factor restraining the global noise control system market for mining industry.
Underground Mining Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The global noise control system market for mining industry can be segmented based on source of noise, application, and region
- In terms of source of noise, the market can be divided into continuous miners, shearers, compressors, and others
- Based on application, the market can be bifurcated into open pit mining and underground mining. The underground mining segment is expected to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period. Increase in number of underground mining projects across the globe is fuelling the segment. Explosions are made underground; therefore, toxic gases are not released into the environment. Thus, underground mining causes minimum harm to the environment vis-à-vis surface mining.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry
- In terms of region, the global noise control system market for mining industry can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global noise control system market for mining industry in 2019. The market in the region is expected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period.
- Implementation of stringent government regulations regarding noise pollution is a major factor driving the market in North America. According to the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), more than 13,000 mine operations for coal, metal ores, and non-metallic minerals were carried out in the U.S. in 2017.
- Asia Pacific and Latin America are the other vital regions of the mining market. Abundance of mineral resources and significant investment from mining companies are factors driving the market in these region.
- Latin America holds the largest reserves of copper, lithium, and silver in the world. It also possesses vast reserves of gold. The region has emerged as a mining-friendly jurisdiction with a wide range of international mining firms listed on Canadian, U.S., Australian, and British stock markets.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry
The global noise control system market for mining industry is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Key players operating in the global noise control system market for mining industry include:
- Soft dB
- Sound Seal Inc.
- Ventac Co. Ltd
- Echo Barrier Group
Global Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry: Research Scope
Global Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry, by Source of Noise
- Continuous Miners
Global Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry, by Application
- Open Pit Mining
- Underground Mining
Global Noise Control System Market for Mining Industry, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.