Nitrogen Generator: Introduction
- Gases such as oxygen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium, acetylene, and hydrogen are manufactured primarily for industrial usage. These gases are used in a variety of industries such as oil & gas, mining, and steel making.
- Nitrogen is one of the industrial gases, which is highly used in several industries. It is usually produced by separating nitrogen from air. Air comprises around 78% of nitrogen, around 21% of oxygen, and 1% of other gases. Nitrogen is produced with the help of a nitrogen generator, which processes air to produce nitrogen.
- Nitrogen gas plays a vital role in the manufacturing process for various different industries. Nitrogen is used in chemical blanketing, food packaging, electronics, laboratory, etc. Nitrogen generators are extensively used by these industries to obtain an adequate amount of quality nitrogen for the required production.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Nitrogen Generator Market
- Significant growth of the food and processing industry is driving the nitrogen generator market
- Increase in demand for processed food owing to rise in population growth is expected to boost the market
- Changes in consumer lifestyle toward consumption of healthy and organic food products is likely to hamper the market
Nitrogen Generator: Segmentation
- The nitrogen generator market can be segmented based on product type and end-user
- Based on product type, the market can be divided into membrane nitrogen generator, cryogenic nitrogen generator, and PSA nitrogen generator.
- In terms of end-user, the market can be divided into electrical & electronics, transportation, chemicals, food & beverages, medical & pharmaceuticals, and others
Covid-19 Impact on Nitrogen Generator Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Graveyards and crematoriums have been working continuously to tackle the rise in dead bodies. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Shortage of labor due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and unavailability of raw materials are further expected to hamper the nitrogen generator market in the near future
North America to Dominate Nitrogen Generator Market
- In terms of geography, the global nitrogen generator market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global nitrogen generator market during the forecast period, owing to high demand for nitrogen generators in the region, especially in the U.S.
- The nitrogen generator market in the Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, largely due to the growth of end-user industries in the region such as food & beverages, aviation, and pharmaceutical. Developing economies such as China and India are projected to contribute significantly to the global nitrogen generator market in the region, primarily due to high growth potential of end-user industries in these countries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Nitrogen Generator Market
The global nitrogen generator market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global nitrogen generator market include:
- Hitachi Ltd
- Air Products And Chemicals Inc.
- Oxymat A/S
- Linde Plc
- L’Air Liquide S.A.
- Atlas Copco AB
- NOVAIR S.A.S (NOXERIOR S.R.L.)
Global Nitrogen Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Nitrogen Generator Market, by Product Type
- Membrane Nitrogen Generator
- Cryogenic Nitrogen Generator
- PSA Nitrogen Generator
Global Nitrogen Generator Market, by End-user
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food & Beverages
- Medical & Pharmaceuticals
Global Nitrogen Generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!