Nitinol Stents Market: Introduction
- Nitinol stent is made of nitinol material. It is a small tube of mesh used in the treatment of weakened arteries or veins. Nitinol, also known as nickel titanium, is a metal alloy of nickel & titanium with superelasticity or pseudo elasticity and shape memory effect characteristics.
- Nitinol has various medical applications including manufacturing stents known as nitinol stents. Nitinol stents are shaped like a trumpet and nickel titanium alloys are suitably used for the self-expanding stents. Nitinol stents are utilized with a detachable coil treatment for intracranial aneurysms conditions.
- Nitinol stents are manufactured with larger size than target vessel size and resist the outside radial resistive forces. Self-expanding nitinol stents have created a paradigm shift in the treatment of the peripheral vascular diseases. Self-expanding nitinol stents are flexible and delivered through standard microcatheters. Nitinol stents have higher tissue growth rates compared to plastic stents and are widely preferred over other types.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Nitinol Stents Market
- Rise in prevalence of coronary & peripheral and other cardiovascular diseases, adoption of self-expanding nitinol stents, rise in awareness about nitinol stent & its wide applications, and growing popularity are projected to drive the global nitinol stents market during the forecast period. Technological advancements, launch of innovative products, and entry of key manufacturers across the globe are the other factors propelling the global nitinol stents market in the next few years.
- Availability of novel metallic alloys and rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases are factors anticipated to boost the growth of the global nitinol stents market during the forecast period. Availability of trained and interventional cardiologists across the globe is expected to augment the global nitinol stents market in the next few years. Clinical studies have proven that self-expanding nitinol stents offer superior benefits than other stents and are adopted for percutaneous transluminal angioplasty. Benefits of nitinol stents have improved the durability of stents in superficial femoral artery. Adoption of self-expanding nitinol stents in angioplasty is quite popular, which is projected to drive the global nitinol stents market in the near future.
North America to Dominate Global Nitinol Stents Market
- North America dominated the global nitinol stents market in 2020, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Presence of key players offering nitinol stents, well-established health care infrastructure, and optimal therapeutic approach for patients suffering from post-thrombotic, acute thrombotic, and nonthrombotic obstruction of inferior vena ceva propel the market in North America.
- Various clinical studies support the use of self-expandable nitinol stents for deep venous obstruction and other conditions. Rise in patients suffering from peripheral artery disease and other cardiovascular diseases are anticipated to propel the global nitinol stents market during the forecast period. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2020, around 6.5 million people in the U.S. aged 40 years or older suffered from peripheral artery disease. According to NCBI research, in 2020, nearly 20% of all deaths due to coronary artery disease occurred in the U.S. These factors are expected to boost demand for ntinol stents in North America during the forecast period.
- Europe was a major market for nitinol stents in 2020. Presence of companies offering nitinol stents such as intestinal stents, esophageal stents, and duodenal stents are likely to fuel the growth of the market in the region. Acceptance of nitinol stents in vascular and general prostheses owing to thermal shape memory and superelasticity make these ideal for commercial use. Rise in patient burden and increase in adoption of nitinol stents are factors driving the market in Europe.
Key Companies in Global Nitinol Stents Market
- C. R. Bard (Becton, Dickinson & Company)
- B Braun Melsungen
- Bolton Medical
- Cardinal Health
- Endocare, Inc.
- Flexible Stenting Solutions, Inc.
- JOTEC GmbH
- Optimed Medizinische Instrumente GmbH
Global Nitinol Stents Market, Research Scope
Global Nitinol Stents Market, by Product Type
- Arterial Stents
- Venous Stents
Global Nitinol Stents Market, by Design Type
- Wire-based Stent Design
- Sheet-based Stent Design
- Tube-based Stent Design
Global Nitinol Stents Market, by Indication
- Urethral Strictures
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Esophageal Stenosis
Global Nitinol Stents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.