Niobium-titanium Alloys Market: Overview
- Niobium-titanium alloys are alloys that are made up of niobium and titanium elements. Niobium-titanium alloys are generally used as industrial superconducting magnets, type II semiconductor wires, with the matrix of aluminum or copper.
- Niobium-titanium is a superconductor at temperature below 43 Kelvin. Niobium-titanium alloy has a critical magnetic field of about 15 teslas, which is suitable for fabricating super magnets generating magnetic fields up to about 10 teslas. Niobium-titanium alloy wire is usually wrapped in copper.
- Fusion reactors, high-speed maglev trains, and magneto hydrodynamic (MHD) power plants generally use conventional types of superconductors. However, superconductors made up of niobium-titanium alloys are expected to be used in fusion reactors, high-speed maglev trains, and magneto hydrodynamic (MHD) power plants owing to their advantage of higher superconductivity than conventional superconductors.
- Niobium-titanium alloys are used in high pressure equipment to filter gold and nickel in high pressure and high concentration oxygen environment. Niobium-containing titanium alloys, such as IMI367, are used in surgical implants, particularly in the production of femoral components for hip repair.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Niobium-titanium Alloys Market report
Keys Drivers and Restraints of Niobium-titanium Alloys Market
- Magnetic Resonance Imagining (MRI) is a testing equipment used by medical practitioners to diagnose medical conditions of a patient. The powerful magnetic field and radio waves emitted by a MRI machine are used to produce detailed picture of the inside of the body. This helps doctors monitor and provide suitable treatment for variety of disorders. Niobium-titanium alloys are primarily used in the manufacture of MRI machines. Thus, increase in demand for niobium-titanium alloys in MRI equipment is anticipated to drive the global niobium-titanium alloys market during the forecast period.
- The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) is an international nuclear fusion research and engineering megaproject, which is expected to be the world’s largest magnetic confinement plasma physics experiment project. The project aims to signify the principle of producing more thermal power from the fusion process than is used to heat the plasma, something that has not yet been achieved in any fusion reactor. Superconducting niobium-titanium alloys are being used in the central solenoid coil that is expected to produce a field of up to 13.5 teslas. Rapid use of NbTi by ITER is anticipated to further drive the global niobium-titanium alloys market in the near future.
Niobium-titanium Alloys Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the niobium-titanium alloys market can be segmented into NbTi for Accelerator, NbTi for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) walk in center, NbTi for International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER), and NbTi for MRI (Monolith)
- Niobium-titanium alloys are the standard for building superconducting magnets that operate at near absolute zero temperatures in MRI machines. Niobium-titanium alloys are being increasingly used in the medical equipment. The segment is expected to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period.
- Most high energy accelerators, i.e. machines that use electric fields to speed up and increase the energy of a beam of particles, now primarily use superconducting magnets. These magnets are majorly made up of niobium-titanium alloys, owing to their anti-corrosion and flame retardant properties. Increase in usage of niobium-titanium alloys in high energy accelerators is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market
- In terms of region, the global niobium-titanium alloys market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific accounts for considerable share of the global market. It is followed by North America and Europe. Expansion of the medical sector due to technological advancement, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the niobium-titanium alloys market in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Niobium-titanium Alloys Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market
The global niobium-titanium alloys market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Allegheny Technologies
- Oxford Instruments
- Japan Superconductor Technology, Inc.(JASTEC)
- Western Superconducting Technologies Co., Ltd. (WST)
Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market: Research Scope
Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market, by Type
Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market, by Application
- NbTi for Accelerator
- NbTi for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Walk In Center
- NbTi for International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER)
- NbTi for MRI (Monolith)
Global Niobium-titanium Alloys Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.