NFC (Near Field Communication) is a short-range wireless connectivity technology that uses induction of magnetic field to enable communication between NFC enabled devices. Over the course of time, with the evolution of technology and rise in the smartphone market, NFC has found potential application in various sectors such as payment, ticketing, and packaging to name some. NFC enabled connected bottles are integrated NFC chip on its cap or label which can be scanned with NFC enabled smartphones to extract information regarding the particular bottle and its content.
Global NFC Enabled Connected Bottles Market: Drivers & Restraints
The growth of global NFC enabled connected bottles market is driven by the rising concern among the consumers about the legitimacy of products they buy due to the availability of counterfeit FMCG and pharmaceutical products in the market. To counter the same, manufacturers are also opting for new packaging technologies for their products that not only confirms the authenticity of their products; it also helps in endorsing their products. Furthermore, the rise in some smartphone users and tech-savvy people can be attributed to the growth of global NFC enabled connected bottles growth. On the plus side, NFC doesn’t require internet connectivity to scan or extract data from the bottles. Some of the trends identified in the global NFC enabled connected bottles market are partnerships among the NFC technology providers and manufacturers. For instance, alcoholic beverage manufacturer “Malibu” has partnered with “SharpEnd” to create the technology for their campaign “Because of Summer,” where the consumers can use their NFC enabled smartphones to access the campaign information by tapping the device on the image on the bottle. However, the cost of integrating NFC technology with the bottles is a costlier affair along with security threats might hamper the growth of global NFC enabled connected bottles market globally.
Global NFC Enabled Connected Bottles Market: Segmentation
The global NFC enabled connected bottles market is segmented on the basis of NFC tag types, applications, and region.
On the basis of NFC tag types, the global NFC Enabled Connected Bottles market is segmented into:
- Mifare Classic
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 4
On the basis of applications, the global NFC Enabled Connected Bottles market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Alcoholic Beverages
NFC Enabled Connected Bottles Market: Regional Outlook
Based on the geographies, global NFC enabled connected bottles market is segmented into five key regions -- North America, Latin America, Europe, APAC, and the Middle East & Africa. Among the aforementioned regions, North America accounts for significant share of NFC enabled connected bottles market, owing to the rapid rise in NFC transactions made by smartphones in the region as compared to other regions.
Europe is followed by North America market for NFC enabled connected bottles market, owing to the wide use of NFC technology among the renowned alcoholic beverage manufacturers in the region such as Remy Martin and Johnnie Walker to name some. The Asia-Pacific market for NFC enabled connected bottle is followed by the Europe market, owing to the substantial growth of packaging industry in the region and demand for new technologies in packaging from different industries. Overall, the outlook of NFC enabled connected bottle market will have a positive growth over the forecast period, owing to the emergence of NFC technology in the packaging industry as an anti-counterfeiting measure.
Global NFC Enabled Connected Bottles Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the global NFC enabled connected bottles market include, WS Packaging Group, Inc., SharpEnd, Jones Packaging Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, Thinfilm, Rehrig Pacific Company and VINUT BEVERAGE among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.