Global Next Generation Packaging Market:
Technological advancements in packaging techniques have led to the introduction of next generation packaging. Next generation packaging offers features such as traceability and provides product quality information. It is particularly helpful in tracing shipments to distant locations and ensures minimum damage to packaged materials. Next generation packaging can be broadly classified into intelligent packaging, active packaging, and modified atmosphere packaging. Intelligent packaging involves the use of sensors, RFID tags, and indicators. While active packaging includes gas emitters, antimicrobials, and gas scavengers, modified atmosphere packaging replaces the air inside the packaging with a mixture of gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide.
Gas scavengers, such as oxygen scavengers in active packaging, remove leftover oxygen from closed packets and increase product life. Active packaging is extensively used for automated packaging lines, bags, sacks, and quad packs in industrial packaging. Intelligent packaging and active packaging are anticipated to be high in demand in the near future.
Next generation packaging is employed across end-use applications in various sectors such as health care and pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, logistics and supply chain, personal care, and others including automotive and industry. In order to increase the shelf life of perishable food products, next generation packaging is in high demand across the food and beverages industry. The global next generation packaging market is witnessing significant demand from the health care and pharmaceuticals sector. The market also holds considerable potential for growth with the rapid expansion of the e-commerce sector, where next generation packaging is widely deployed in logistics.
Global Next Generation Packaging Market: Overview
Growing demand from consumers for efficient product packaging has boosted the growth of the global next generation packaging market. Advancements in packaging materials and the rising need for sustainable packaging techniques have further augmented the market’s growth. Extensive R&D of packaging technology, the introduction of advanced sensors, and growing adoption of QR codes are some of the latest trends in the global next generation packaging market.
However, low awareness and the high cost of next generation packaging materials are expected to hamper the growth of the global next generation packaging market. The cost of packaging materials plays an important role in the logistics and supply chain sector. As a result, the demand for advanced packaging materials is low from this sector. Limited commercial applications of certain types of next generation packaging will also restrain the overall market. For example, antimicrobial packaging has limited applications in the commercial sector and hence, the demand for this type of packaging is low.
Global Next Generation Packaging Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global next generation packaging market has been segmented into four key regions: Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. While North America and Europe have been dominant regions in the market, the demand for next generation packaging is expected to surge across Rest of the World during the forecast period. Emerging economies in Latin America are witnessing rapid industrialization and are anticipated to contribute significantly toward the growth of the next generation packaging market in Rest of the World.
Some of the prominent players in the global next generation packaging market are WestRock Company (formerly MeadWestvaco Corporation), Amcor Limited, Sealed Air Corporation, Sonoco Products Company, Stora Enso Oyj, MULTIVAC, Bemis Company Inc., WS Packaging Group Inc., and Active Packaging Ltd. The key market players are focused on expanding their business through mergers and acquisitions across emerging economies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.