Naval vessel is a military ship which is damage resilient and armed with weapon systems. The naval vessels play an important role in offshore patrolling. The next generation naval vessels are equipped with advanced systems. The market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
There are various factors associated with the demand of next generation naval vessel technology. These naval vessels are primarily used for maritime security. Furthermore, the vessels can also be used for anti air warfare during a sudden air strike. Moreover, the vessels also find application during anti surface warfare. In addition, the naval vessels are also effective for use against submarines and mine warfare. Another issue which is spurring the demand for next generation naval vessels is the growing concern for security over asymmetric counter insurgency warfare in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Moreover, the ongoing disturbances due to terrorist activities in Middle East region are another reason aiding to the demand for strong naval security. In addition, with the U.S. upgrading their defense capabilities, China is also focusing on strengthening their navy by deploying next generation naval vessels. Furthermore, the growing concern of maritime piracy of high value assets such as cargo ships, container fleets and oil and gas tankers in regions such as Somalia is another reason which has resulted into the need for superior maritime security. These factors are expected to drive the demand for next generation naval vessels during the forecast period.
However, there is one factor restraining the demand for these naval vessels. The cost of acquiring next generation naval vessels is significantly high. In addition, the naval vessels require regular maintenance. The developing economies in regions such as Africa, Asia and Latin America do not have the capital to acquire these vessels. Hence, the cost of the vessels is a major factor restraining the growth in the market. Nevertheless, the ongoing technological innovation is expected to reduce the price of the components in the coming years which are expected to reduce the price of these naval vessels significantly.
The global next generation naval vessels market can be segmented by types and geography. By types, the market can be bifurcated into aircraft carriers, surface combatant, patrol combatant, amphibious warfare, mine warfare combat logistics carrier and coastal defense among others. Based on the increasing need for maritime security, the aircraft carriers, patrol combatants and coastal defense naval vessels are expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
By geography the global next generation naval vessel market can be segregated into five strategic regions which include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. The growing concern for security from terrorist activities is expected to drive the growth in North America. In addition, the region is primarily driven due to the presence of the U.S. which does significant investment to keep their defense upgraded. Europe has been analyzed to witness steady growth during the forecast period due to the ongoing demand for naval vessels in Germany, France and the U.K. primarily. The growth in Asia Pacific region is expected to be promising due to the presence of developing nations such as India and China which are investing heavily in order to strengthen their defense sector. The Middle East and Africa region is also expected to grow robustly due to the constant communal disturbance and ongoing terrorist activities in countries such as Iraq and Syria. Latin America on the other hand is expected to have a weak growth due to the weak economy which does not permit enough defense budgets to the countries.
The major players in the next generation naval vessel technology include Aeromaritime Systembau GmbH, Atein Naval, DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding and Austal USA among other emerging players in the market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.