Next generation Anode Materials Market: Introduction
- Next-generation anode materials include silicon/silicon oxide blend, silicon-carbon composite, silicon-graphene, and lithium titanium oxide.
- These next-generation anode materials are widely used in various end-user industries through lithium-ion batteries in e-bikes, electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), e-buses, hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), energy storage systems (ESS), consumer electronics, and power tools such as laptop, tablets, and mobile phones.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Next-generation Anode Materials Market
- Demand for next-generation anode materials is expected to increase at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rising need for high-energy density batteries. Additionally, the demand for silicon-based anode materials has been increasing due to its properties such as abundant nature of silicon, non- toxic nature, and low cost, which is another factor boosting the next-generation anode materials market.
- However, the stability of silicon particles vary with the diameter size and hence, the issue of volume expansion and side-effects cannot be overcome, which is a major factor restraining the global next-generation anode materials market
Next generation Anode Materials Market: Material Segment
- In terms of material, the next-generation anode materials market can be divided into silicon/silicon oxide blend, lithium titanium oxide, silicon-carbon composite, silicon-graphene, and others
- Among them, the silicon/silicon oxide blend segment dominates the next-generation anode materials market due to rise in deployment of silicon oxides in lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) owing to its long cycle life and higher energy density
- Surge in use of silicon in electric vehicle batteries, being environment friendly, and rapidly growing demand for electric vehicles such as electric cars, e-bikes, and e-buses can boost the silicon segment of the global next-generation anode materials market
COVID-19 Impact on Global Next-generation Anode Materials Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outburst of COVID-19 had significantly hindered the global next-generation anode materials market. The automotive industry was adversely affected by the pandemic. The disruptive supply due to lockdown imposition and closed border created a severe shortage of raw material. China controlled a large share of rare earth elements, a mineral used in electric vehicles. Moreover, the reduced demand for automobiles significantly hampered the market for lithium-ion batteries.
- However, the market is recovering, due to the lifting of lockdown and the resumption of production units. This is likely to fuel the demand for next-generation anode materials for developing advanced Li-ion batteries during the forecast period.
North America to hold a leading share of global next generation anode materials market
- In terms of region, the global next generation anode materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global next generation anode materials market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, during the forecast period
- Demand for automobiles is increasing owing to the growing disposable income of middle-class families. Additionally, the penetration of e-vehicles in the regional market is expected to further drive the demand.
- North America accounted for a notable share of the global next-generation anode materials market due to a rise in commercialization of lithium-ion batteries. Integration of new materials in the lithium-ion battery to achieve high energy density is fueling the production of silicon anodes as a replacement to graphite anodes by battery manufacturers.
- For instance, according to United States Department of the Interior, silicon is the second-largest available material on the earth’s crust after oxygen, accounting for approximately 28% of the total elements available in the earth’s crust. Moreover, an increase in the demand for fast charging batteries is the fueling the global next-generation anode materials market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Next generation Anode Materials Market
The next generation anode materials market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the next generation anode materials market include:
- Altair Nanotechnologies, Inc.
- Amprius, Inc.
- BTR New Energy Material Ltd.
- California Lithium Battery
- Medtronic PLC
- Enevate Corporation
- Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LeydenJar Technologies BV
- NanoGraf Corporation
Global Next-generation Anode Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Next-generation Anode Materials Market, by Material
- Silicon/Silicon Oxide Blend
- Lithium Titanium Oxide
- Silicon-Carbon Composite
Global Next-generation Anode Materials Market, by Application
- Electrical and Electronics
- Energy Storage
Global Next-generation Anode Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.