Network Surveillance Solutions: Introduction
- Network surveillance is the monitoring of computer activity on a network. Typically, it is done in secret by organizations, governments, or individuals to monitor illegal activity. Network surveillance assists governments and organizations to understand and gather information from their user base.
- Almost all network surveillance is automated, intrusive, and performed remotely. Packet tracking is a common technique for monitoring data traffic in networks. Various technologies are also accessible to help with network surveillance.
- Network surveillance might be utilized to restrict access to publicly available information or certain groups of users, and it could serve as the foundation for asymmetrical power relations between the surveyor and the monitored
- Network surveillance helps monitor various bypass techniques such as filtering, redirecting, blocking, and intercepting network traffic
- Network surveillance provides a thorough examination of the overall health of the log monitoring and network health. Inputs from network surveillance are also used employed for real-time data monitoring, traffic optimization, QoS measurements, remote log analysis, and troubleshooting.
- An important advantage of network surveillance is to detect and locate fraud. From the government's point of view, network surveillance enables threat monitoring, maintenance of social control, and prevention of illegal and criminal activity.
- Presently, computer and network surveillance software are widely used and almost all Internet circulation can be observed. Governments and other agencies use surveillance to maintain social control, detect and monitor threats or doubtful activity, and avoid and examine criminal activity.
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market: Dynamics
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in adoption of Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), and machine learning in various sectors is a major factor that is estimated to drive the global network surveillance solutions market during the forecast period
- Significant increase in use of mobile devices and a rise in the demand for integrated monitoring solutions are also key factors that are expected to drive the global network surveillance solution market in the next few years
- Rising popularity of software-as-a-service based network surveillance solutions is considered an important factor fuelling the overall market
- The market is expected to maintain its growth momentum in the short and medium-term, as companies implement surveillance solutions in response to security challenges posed by emerging trends such as cloud computing and networking
- Efficient compliance with industrial and government regulations as well as new technologies that enable competitive business are expected to offer significant opportunities for the network surveillance solution market
- However, economic slowdown resulting in a reduction of the security budget and increase in product price are likely to restrain the network surveillance solutions market in the next few years
- Increasing competition from specialist providers and customer fears of a single-point failure of network traffic have also hindered the market for network surveillance solutions
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market
- COVID19 impacted the global economy in three different ways: supply chain and market disruptions, direct impact on production and demand, and its financial impact on businesses and financial markets
- The adoption of IoT and cloud-based technologies has accelerated in various business areas and industries during the lockdown; therefore, the demand for network surveillance solutions is rising and subsequently boosting the global market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market
- The global network surveillance solutions market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global network surveillance solutions market due to the presence of several significant players and the adoption of digital technologies in the region
- The network surveillance solutions market in Europe is also expanding at a steady pace. The U.K. is the leading country in the network surveillance solutions market due to the availability of advanced players and significant government initiatives in this region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand considerably during the forecast period. Governments in the region are approaching and encouraging the public to adopt digitalization in their daily lives.
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market: Competition Landscape
- Various local and global players are active in the network surveillance solutions market with a strong presence such as Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International, etc.
- Honeywell's smart network surveillance solution improves situational awareness and assessment capabilities at all levels of the integrated security system. This comprehensive surveillance solution assists in identifying potential threats across an entire facility, including hazardous areas, as well as within and beyond.
- Johnson Controls provides integrated solutions to help simplify and improve network surveillance systems. Johnson Controls supports new and existing network surveillance system solutions, including installation, layout, testing, and maintenance.
Key players operating in the global network surveillance solutions market include:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Johnson Controls International
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Axis Communications AB
- Hanwha Techwin
- Eagle Eye Networks, Inc.
- Arlo Technologies
- Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market, by Deployment
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market, by Component
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market, by Enterprise size
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunications
- Energy & utilities
Global Network Surveillance Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!