Naval Inertial Navigation Systems: Introduction
- An inertial navigation system (INS) uses a computer-based system and motion sensors to calculate the dead reckoning position of an object by using gyroscopes and accelerometers. These systems are used for navigation applications, for which accuracy and performance need to be of utmost priority, along with size and cost.
- Naval inertial navigation systems can be used by manufacturers of inertial navigation systems; wholesalers, retailers, and distributors of inertial navigation systems; system integrators; technology providers; sensor manufacturers; raw material suppliers; and aircraft regulatory bodies
- Naval inertial navigation systems also help in determining the drug safety profile at an early stage, thereby saving a considerable amount of time and investment in resources
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- Due to growing usage of inertial navigation systems in high-end defense, naval and space applications as well as in commercial vehicles, the demand for inertial navigation system is anticipated to witness significant rise during the forecast period. Moreover, ongoing technological advancements in naval inertial navigation systems are also driving the market.
- Requirement for robust navigation systems in marine, tactical, and space studies and applications is another factor driving the global naval inertial navigation system market
- High prices of naval inertial navigation systems is a crucial factor hampering the global inertial navigation system market
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Technologically Advanced Components of Naval Inertial Navigation Systems to Drive Market
- Technology-enabled advancements and innovations in military and naval applications, such as fiber optic gyro (FOG), ring laser gyro (RLG), and micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMSs), have presented lightweight and small inertial navigation systems
- In naval inertial navigation systems, gyroscopes are used to measure the angular velocity of the frame with the sensor. On the other hand, an accelerometer is employed to measure acceleration of the moving object in the frame. Based on this, one can identify the vehicle’s direction and whether it is moving backward, forward, left, or right.
- By tracking the current linear acceleration of the system and the current angular velocity of the system relative to the moving object, the relative orientation of the object and its position can be derived
- Advanced inertial navigation systems are autonomous and they do not rely on external aids or visibility conditions. This implies that they can operate in tunnels or under the water as well as in stealth applications, as there is no external antenna that can be detected by RADAR.
- These systems are well suited for use in integrated navigation, guidance, and control of the host vehicle. The system's inertial measurement unit (IMU) measures variables such as position, velocity, and altitude. This factor is also driving the global naval inertial navigation system market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Lead Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- North America and Europe hold a relatively large share of the global naval inertial navigation system market and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, owing to high investments in naval vessels and warships and defense aircraft in these regions
- Asia Pacific and the Middle East collectively hold the second-largest share of the global market, which can be attributed to the launch of several programs on inertial navigation systems (INSs) in these regions. Several countries are interested in investing in navy and defense sectors to strengthen their armed forces.
- Inertial navigation systems have high potential for use in unmanned vehicles. Demand for unmanned vehicles is increasing, which would drive the demand for inertial navigation systems in the next few years.
- Thus, rising demand for remotely operated underwater vehicles and autonomous underwater vehicles is expected to drive the global market for naval inertial navigation systems in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
Key players operating in the global naval inertial navigation system market are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Safran Electronics & Defense
- Thales Group
- The Raytheon Company
- General Electric Company
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
- VectroNav Technologies, LLC.
- LORD MicroStrain
- Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market: Research Scope
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Grade
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Technology
- Ring Laser
- Fiber Optic
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Application
- Space Launch Vehicles
- Merchant Ships
- Naval Ships
- Military Armored Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Naval Ships
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Unmanned Marine Vehicles
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.