Naval Inertial Navigation Systems: Introduction
- An inertial navigation system (INS) uses a computer-based system and motion sensors to calculate the dead reckoning position of an object by using gyroscopes and accelerometers. These systems are used for navigation applications, for which accuracy and performance need to be of utmost priority, along with size and cost.
- Naval inertial navigation systems can be used by manufacturers of inertial navigation systems; wholesalers, retailers, and distributors of inertial navigation systems; system integrators; technology providers; sensor manufacturers; raw material suppliers; and aircraft regulatory bodies
- Naval inertial navigation systems also help in determining the drug safety profile at an early stage, thereby saving a considerable amount of time and investment in resources
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- Due to growing usage of inertial navigation systems in high-end defense, naval and space applications as well as in commercial vehicles, the demand for inertial navigation system is anticipated to witness significant rise during the forecast period. Moreover, ongoing technological advancements in naval inertial navigation systems are also driving the market.
- Requirement for robust navigation systems in marine, tactical, and space studies and applications is another factor driving the global naval inertial navigation system market
- High prices of naval inertial navigation systems is a crucial factor hampering the global inertial navigation system market
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Technologically Advanced Components of Naval Inertial Navigation Systems to Drive Market
- Technology-enabled advancements and innovations in military and naval applications, such as fiber optic gyro (FOG), ring laser gyro (RLG), and micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMSs), have presented lightweight and small inertial navigation systems
- In naval inertial navigation systems, gyroscopes are used to measure the angular velocity of the frame with the sensor. On the other hand, an accelerometer is employed to measure acceleration of the moving object in the frame. Based on this, one can identify the vehicle’s direction and whether it is moving backward, forward, left, or right.
- By tracking the current linear acceleration of the system and the current angular velocity of the system relative to the moving object, the relative orientation of the object and its position can be derived
- Advanced inertial navigation systems are autonomous and they do not rely on external aids or visibility conditions. This implies that they can operate in tunnels or under the water as well as in stealth applications, as there is no external antenna that can be detected by RADAR.
- These systems are well suited for use in integrated navigation, guidance, and control of the host vehicle. The system's inertial measurement unit (IMU) measures variables such as position, velocity, and altitude. This factor is also driving the global naval inertial navigation system market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Lead Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- North America and Europe hold a relatively large share of the global naval inertial navigation system market and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, owing to high investments in naval vessels and warships and defense aircraft in these regions
- Asia Pacific and the Middle East collectively hold the second-largest share of the global market, which can be attributed to the launch of several programs on inertial navigation systems (INSs) in these regions. Several countries are interested in investing in navy and defense sectors to strengthen their armed forces.
- Inertial navigation systems have high potential for use in unmanned vehicles. Demand for unmanned vehicles is increasing, which would drive the demand for inertial navigation systems in the next few years.
- Thus, rising demand for remotely operated underwater vehicles and autonomous underwater vehicles is expected to drive the global market for naval inertial navigation systems in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
Key players operating in the global naval inertial navigation system market are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Safran Electronics & Defense
- Thales Group
- The Raytheon Company
- General Electric Company
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
- VectroNav Technologies, LLC.
- LORD MicroStrain
- Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market: Research Scope
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Grade
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Technology
- Ring Laser
- Fiber Optic
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Application
- Space Launch Vehicles
- Merchant Ships
- Naval Ships
- Military Armored Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Naval Ships
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Unmanned Marine Vehicles
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.