Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
A navigation approach in which gyroscopes and accelerometers produce readings and are utilized to monitor an object's orientation and location relative to a specified velocity, orientation, and starting point is called an inertial navigation system (INS). This system is a self-contained one with outstanding camouflage. INS is not reliant on external information and does not emit energy into the space, making it more suitable for use at underground, in the air, and on the sea. The inertial navigation system can give extensive navigation data, such as the position, because it refreshes data fast and has the benefits of precision and stability whilst being tiny and lightweight. As a result, the INS is vital to both civilian and military navigation. These benefits are estimated to foster growth of the global naval inertial navigation system market in the years to come.
Robotic cars able to drive to locations without the need for human interference are known as driverless cars. The need for commercial autonomous cars is being driven by developments in the sensor technology combined with improvements in machine learning. Unmanned systems, such as unmanned undersea vehicles (UUV) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) can benefit significantly from inertial navigation systems. These are widely employed in the defence as well as oil and gas industries. In the defence industry, UUVs are primarily utilised for port protection, disarming underwater mines, and counter-attacking. The inertial navigation system (INS) that is used in these unmanned devices offers precise navigation as well as positional data. These benefits are likely to drive demand in the global naval inertial navigation system market.
Naval Inertial Navigation Systems: Introduction
- An inertial navigation system (INS) uses a computer-based system and motion sensors to calculate the dead reckoning position of an object by using gyroscopes and accelerometers. These systems are used for navigation applications, for which accuracy and performance need to be of utmost priority, along with size and cost.
- Naval inertial navigation systems can be used by manufacturers of inertial navigation systems; wholesalers, retailers, and distributors of inertial navigation systems; system integrators; technology providers; sensor manufacturers; raw material suppliers; and aircraft regulatory bodies
- Naval inertial navigation systems also help in determining the drug safety profile at an early stage, thereby saving a considerable amount of time and investment in resources
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- Due to growing usage of inertial navigation systems in high-end defense, naval and space applications as well as in commercial vehicles, the demand for inertial navigation system is anticipated to witness significant rise during the forecast period. Moreover, ongoing technological advancements in naval inertial navigation systems are also driving the market.
- Requirement for robust navigation systems in marine, tactical, and space studies and applications is another factor driving the global naval inertial navigation system market
- High prices of naval inertial navigation systems is a crucial factor hampering the global inertial navigation system market.
Technologically Advanced Components of Naval Inertial Navigation Systems to Drive Market
- Technology-enabled advancements and innovations in military and naval applications, such as fiber optic gyro (FOG), ring laser gyro (RLG), and micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMSs), have presented lightweight and small inertial navigation systems
- In naval inertial navigation systems, gyroscopes are used to measure the angular velocity of the frame with the sensor. On the other hand, an accelerometer is employed to measure acceleration of the moving object in the frame. Based on this, one can identify the vehicle’s direction and whether it is moving backward, forward, left, or right.
- By tracking the current linear acceleration of the system and the current angular velocity of the system relative to the moving object, the relative orientation of the object and its position can be derived
- Advanced inertial navigation systems are autonomous and they do not rely on external aids or visibility conditions. This implies that they can operate in tunnels or under the water as well as in stealth applications, as there is no external antenna that can be detected by RADAR.
- These systems are well suited for use in integrated navigation, guidance, and control of the host vehicle. The system's inertial measurement unit (IMU) measures variables such as position, velocity, and altitude. This factor is also driving the global naval inertial navigation system market.
North America to Lead Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
- North America and Europe hold a relatively large share of the global naval inertial navigation system market and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, owing to high investments in naval vessels and warships and defense aircraft in these regions
- Asia Pacific and the Middle East collectively hold the second-largest share of the global market, which can be attributed to the launch of several programs on inertial navigation systems (INSs) in these regions. Several countries are interested in investing in navy and defense sectors to strengthen their armed forces.
- Inertial navigation systems have high potential for use in unmanned vehicles. Demand for unmanned vehicles is increasing, which would drive the demand for inertial navigation systems in the next few years.
- Thus, rising demand for remotely operated underwater vehicles and autonomous underwater vehicles is expected to drive the global market for naval inertial navigation systems in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market
Key players operating in the global naval inertial navigation system market are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Safran Electronics & Defense
- Thales Group
- The Raytheon Company
- General Electric Company
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
- VectroNav Technologies, LLC.
- LORD MicroStrain
- Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market: Research Scope
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Grade
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Technology
- Ring Laser
- Fiber Optic
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Application
- Space Launch Vehicles
- Merchant Ships
- Naval Ships
- Military Armored Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Naval Ships
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Unmanned Marine Vehicles
Global Naval Inertial Navigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa