The demand within the global natural surfactants market is set to tread along an ascending trajectory in the years to follow. Use of these surfactants across high-end industries is at epicentre of market growth and maturity. Moreover, the distinction of natural surfactants as against silicone surfactants has played a crucial role in driving sales. The petroleum industry has made formidable investments in improving its operational and manufacturing dynamics. This trend, coupled with increasing pressure on petroleum refineries to expedite production, has aided market growth. The decade is expected to witness the inflow of fresh revenues into the global natural surfactants market. Advancements in chemical analysis and testing shall also take center stage in driving sales across the natural surfactants market.
- The abundant availability of waste materials that can generate natural surfactants has helped market vendors in reconciling their operations. Moreover, the low toxicity of natural surfactants has helped several industries in optimizing the use of these substances. Moreover, chemical analysts also point to the functionality of natural surfactants under extreme conditions. This property has attracted the attention of the research fraternity, and several new industries have become key end-users of natural surfactants. Use of these surfactants in the field of medicine and healthcare has garnered the attention of the masses.
- The agricultural sector has emerged as an important consumer of natural surfactants. The biodegradability of these surfactants helps farmers in using them across several farming procedures. Furthermore, the cosmetics industry has also become an important consumer of natural surfactants
- A large clan of researchers and biologists classify natural surfactants under the ‘green’ materials category. Besides, the stability of natural surfactants in physiochemical environments has become a matter of discussion across research circles. Therefore, the global natural surfactants market is set to offer lucrative opportunities to new, aspiring, and upcoming market players.
Global Natural Surfactants Market: Introduction
Surfactants are generally known as surface active agents. Natural surfactants are directly taken from a natural source, which can be either plant or animal. They are obtained through some kind of natural separation methods such as extraction, precipitation, or distillation. Processing of natural surfactants does not include any organic synthesis, not even after treatment. Examples of natural surfactants include surfactants produced from bacteria and yeast, surfactants based on either sugar or amino acid as polar head group, and surfactants based on either fatty acid or sterol as hydrophobic tail. Natural surfactants produced though the methods mentioned above are well characterized and offer performance similar to that of conventional surfactants. The cost of biotechnologically produced surfactants is high due to the relatively low yield in fermentation and cumbersome work-up procedures. Surfactants based on either natural polar head group or natural hydrophobic tail exhibit significant potential.
Global Natural Surfactants Market: Segmentation
Based on product type, the natural surfactants market can be segmented into nonionic, amphoteric, cationic, ethoxylates, and anionic. Nearly 2500 kilo tons of ethoxylates was produced in Europe in 2016. In terms of application, the market can be divided into personal care, cosmetics, detergents, industrial & institutional cleaning, oilfield chemicals, and others. In 2017, Clariant developed ‘GlucoPure,’ a natural bio-based surfactant used in dishwashing liquids. Nonionic natural surfactants are categorized into different classes of surfactants, which do not undergo ionization when dissolved in water. Nonionic natural surfactants are stable and are not easily affected by strong electrolytes. They are compatible with anionic, cationic, or amphoteric surfactants. Increase in usage of surfactants in detergents, wetting agents, solubilizers, and emulsifiers in various applications is driving the nonionic segment. Implementation of stringent regulations on toxic chemical substances and rise in consumer preference for personal care products manufactured using bio-based ingredients are boosting the personal care segment of the natural surfactants market. Growth in population and increase in usage of cosmetics are also estimated to boost the personal care segment during the forecast period.
Global Natural Surfactants Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, Europe dominated the global natural surfactants market in 2017. Europe and North America cumulatively accounted for more than 60% share of the global natural surfactants market in 2017. Rise in demand for natural surfactants in Europe can be ascribed to the rapid growth in end-use industries such as personal care, oilfield chemicals, and detergents. Asia Pacific is an emerging region of the global natural surfactants market, led by the presence of many manufacturers in the region. China is the prominent country of the natural surfactants market in Asia Pacific. Demand for natural surfactants is expected to increase in China and India during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for cosmetics and grooming products in the personal care segment in these countries. Increase in demand for less toxic and highly biodegradable natural surfactant products is driving the global natural surfactant market. The natural surfactants market in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace, while that in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Global Natural Surfactants Market: Key Players
Prominent companies operating in the global natural surfactants market include Galaxy Surfactants, Clariant, BASF S.E., Lonza, Air Products and Chemical Company, Stepan, and Huntsman Corporation. In October 2018, Lonza has invested in its range of polyglycerol ester based natural surfactants to investigate all the properties, functionalities under various conditions, and understand the potential of the ingredient. Polyglycerol ester based natural surfactants are described by the company as an attractive green alternative to the current nonionic surfactants.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.