- Natural casing refers to sausage skin or simply casing; it is processed from submucosa, a layer of an animal intestine from pigs, cattle, goats, sheep, and sometimes a horse.
- Sausages are originally made by slicing minced meat and animal fat that is poured into the natural casing or processed into thin films to gain uniform shape in an elastic form.
- Natural casing helps to process sausages into a crispy texture with good breathability, elasticity, and enhanced flavor of the meat.
- Natural casing gives a traditional appearance, and texture to sausages, which is found to be attractive among end-users.
- Increasing consumption of meat products across the globe is likely to boost the growth of the global natural casing market.
Increase in the consumption of sausages
- In recent years, increase in the consumption of processed meat foods has spurred the growth of the meat industry and meat based fast-food chains across the globe. Consumer preference for consumption of minced meat in the form of sausages and meat-based snacks has directly influenced the growth of the natural casing market. Increasing urban population and changing lifestyle are also factors driving the growth of the natural casing market.
Alternative solutions to natural casing
- Increase in consumption of meat-based products through commercial kitchens and fast food retailing outlets has impacted the demand for casing. However, easy availability of artificial casing at minimal cost with similar ability as natural casing is expected to hamper the growth of the natural casing market across the globe. In addition, risks associated with numerous diseases from natural casing along with the stringent regulatory laws pertaining to the use of natural casing is expected to remain a challenge for the growth of the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Natural Casing Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to Hold Leading Share of the Global Natural Casing Market
- The global natural casing market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the natural casing market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the market in Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the natural casing market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The natural casing market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Europe is expected to remain a dominant region in the global natural casing market owing to rise in consumption of sausages in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Natural Casing Market
The global natural casing market is moderately fragmented in nature due to presence of global and regional players. Major players across the globe are focused on offering cost effective casing to meet the requirement of end-users.
A few of the key players operating in the global natural casing market are:
- ?Peter Gelhard Naturdärme KG
- A Holdijk GmbH
- Agrimares Group
- Almol (Australia) Casing Pty. Ltd.
- Amjadi GmbH
- Carl Lipmann & Co KG GmbH & Co
- Combinatie Teijsen V.D. Hengel
- Fortis Srl
- Kalle GmbH
- Natural Casing Company Inc.
- Nitta Casings
- Viscofan Group
- Viskase Companies, Inc.
- World Casing Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Natural Casing Market: Research Scope
Global Natural Casing Market, by Type
- Pork or Hog
- Others (Chicken, Lamb, etc.)
Global Natural Casing Market, by Application
- Fresh Sausages
- Snack sticks
- Hot Dogs
- Others (wieners, Cocktails, etc.)
Global Natural Casing Market, by End-use
Global Natural Casing Market, by Distribution Channel
The report on the global natural casing market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Regional Analysis of the Global Natural Casing Market Includes:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.