MWIR Cameras: Introduction
- Medium wavelength infrared (MWIR) cameras are used as detection systems for gas leakage. Some of these gases are completely invisible to the naked eye.
- MWIR collects light within the spectral band of 3.0–5.0 μm. The MWIR band is the spectrum where thermal contrast is high, due to which the variation in radiation with temperature is less as compared to the LWIR band. Hence, MWIR images provide better contrast than LWIR images.
- Based on type, MWIR cameras are classified into handheld cameras and mountable/drone cameras. These cameras are lightweight and are useful for monitoring of hazardous gases.
- Additionally, MWIR thermal cameras are capable of achieving the longest range detection for thermal infrared surveillance cameras
- MWIR cameras provide accurate temperature measurement, sharp imagery, and streamlined analysis features, which are required for military, industrial, and manufacturing R&D applications
Rise in Demand for MWIR Cameras for Use in Military Operations
- MWIR cameras are largely used in military applications, such as security & surveillance, which is considered a major factor driving the market
- MWIR cameras are employed in surveillance systems to keep a track of the surroundings, owing to their capability to detect illegal activities even in degraded weather conditions
- Since MWIR cameras are used in various critical military operations, the demand for technologically advanced, high-definition resolution cameras is increasing. As a result of this, several manufacturers of MWIR cameras are focusing on developing high-definition resolution cameras at low prices.
- For instance, in March 2020, FLIR Systems, Inc. launched a new high-definition mid-range surveillance system for use in military applications, which captures HD imagery with AI (artificial intelligence) image processing for quick decision making, thereby enabling operators to distinguish between true threats and false alarms
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for MWIR cameras for use in military applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global MWIR cameras market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global MWIR Cameras Market
- In terms of region, the global MWIR cameras market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global MWIR cameras market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of MWIR cameras operate in the region
- The MWIR cameras market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global MWIR Cameras Market
The global MWIR cameras market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for MWIR cameras. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global MWIR cameras market are:
- EPIX, Inc.
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- InfraTec GmbH
- IRCameras LLC.
- L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- M3 MEASUREMENT SOLUTIONS INC.
- New Infrared Technologies
- Sierra-Olympic Systems, Inc.
- SPI Corp
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on MWIR Cameras Market, Request for a Sample
Global MWIR Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global MWIR Cameras Market, by Type
- Handheld Cameras
- Mountable/Drone Cameras
Global MWIR Cameras Market, by Technology
- Cooled Infrared Imaging
- Uncooled Infrared Imaging
Global MWIR Cameras Market, by Application
- Security & Surveillance
- Monitoring & Inspection
- Detection Systems
Global MWIR Cameras Market, by End-user
- Research Labs
Global MWIR Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.