MV Protection Relay Market - Introduction
MV is the medium voltage, the term used by the distribution sector of electrical power. The development of the worldwide mv protection relay market is driven by the development of transmission & distribution networks, progress in current substations & feeder line protection, increasing renewable sector. A protective relay is a relay apparatus intended to travel through a circuit breaker when a failure is identified, allowing secure operation in an electrical circuit. Protective relays ' main role is to travel a circuit breaker when a fault is identified. It can respond to a volume magnitude like current or voltage.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure here
MV Protection Relay Market – Competitive Landscape
- In May 2018, Schneider Electric launched its medium-voltage protection relay “Easergy P3” in the Indian market. It is a product combining real-time analytics with sophisticated Internet of Things techniques and solutions. Not only does the product focus on achieving optimum effectiveness at decreased execution costs, it also guarantees velocity in procurement, installation, cabling and configuration. The Easergy P3 is also easy for panel builders and system integrators to integrate and function. It makes each project stage significantly faster, from product selection off - the-shelf to installation and configuration
- In November 2017, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation introduced its new medium voltage relay “TLP3145,” in order to increase system reliability and supports space-saving design
Established in 1988, ABB Group, headquartered in Zurich Switzerland, is a company that operates in electrification, industrial automation, motion, and robotics & discrete automation.
Founded in 1836, Schneider Electric SE is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France. The French company has knowledge in building automation production, industrial control system, energy and cooling systems for datacenters, switches and sockets, smart grid, home automation, electrical grid automation and industrial safety systems.
Founded in 1892, General Electric is headquartered in New York, the U.S. General Electric Co. manufactures and supplies LED lighting fixtures, lighting systems and lighting controls for residential, commercial, and professional lighting applications.
Founded in 1921, Mitsubishi Electric is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Mitsubishi Electric is a multinational electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing company. The company manufactures electric and architectural equipment, and is a major worldwide producer of photovoltaic panels
Some of the significant players in the MV protection relay market are ABB Group, Siemens AG, Schneider Electric, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Eaton, Powell Industries, Rockwell, Toshiba Corporation, and Woodward among others.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report here
MV Protection Relay Market - Dynamics
Growing Electricity Generation Capacity and Mounting Investments in the Transmission & Distribution Networks
It is estimated that the increasing ability of electricity generation to satisfy the increasing demand for electricity from the increasing population acts as a main driver of increasing market demand. It is anticipated that mounting transmission & distribution network investments to replace the outdated machinery will be a significant factor expected to stimulate development over the forecast era. The increasing complexity of electrical systems has rendered the incorporation of protective devices for the safety of energy systems inevitable. Expanding framework interests spread across different fields, general energy use growth, and flooding interest measurement in sustainable power sources, coupled with increasing demand for smart grid technologies, the market driving components are the managers, especially in emerging nations. Digital & numerical relay offers numerous advantages as compared to electromechanical and static relays such as functional reliability, self-checking, flexibility and self-adaptability, capacity to interact with other digital machinery, precision in the provision of fault information and recording of disturbances. Furthermore, growing transformation of substations in the developed countries in order to safeguard uninterrupted power supply with least losses is anticipated to boost the MV protection relay market during the forecast period. Also, rising population coupled with increasing per capita consumption of electricity is expected to propel the growth of MV protective relay market in the fourth coming years. However, the cost associated with the set up and maintenance of MV protection relays is expected to challenge the industry over the near future.
MV Protection Relay Market – Segmentation
The MV protection relay market can be segmented based on:
- Connected Load
- End User
MV Protection Relay Market Segmentation – By Type
Based on the type, the MV protection relay market can be fragmented into:
- Electromechanical & Static Relay
- Digital & Numerical Relay
MV Protection Relay Market Segmentation – By Connected Load
Based on the connected load, the MV protection relay market can be fragmented into:
- Feeder Line
MV Protection Relay Market Segmentation – By End User
Depending on the end user, the MV protection relay market can be bifurcated into:
- Commercial & Institutional
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.