Muscovado Sugar is partially refined to unrefined sugar in which the amount of molasses and flavour is quite high. Muscovado sugar is considered healthy by some, as it contains high levels of vitamins and minerals compared to processed white sugar. Muscovado sugar is commercially used in the bakery and confectionery segments and also has an important place in the production of rum and other alcoholic drinks. The muscovado is highly popular in the Asia Pacific region as it is also used in the production of jaggery. Currently, India is the highest producer and consumer of muscovado sugar and the local people of India call muscovado sugar as khand. In past few years, the demand for muscovado sugar has increased significantly in various regions owing to increased consumer interest in healthy and organic foods which has revived interest in muscovado sugar, creating a new market for small scale industries.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Molasses is an important by-product of the sugarcane refining industry and is one of the highly utilized sweeteners across several food applications. Sugar molasses is widely used as a sweetener in a number of food applications, primarily in confectionery and bakery. Likewise, many companies are opting for muscovado sugar the bakery industry as it can be used to impart a darker color and strong flavor to bakery products as compared to white sugar, such as in biscuits and cakes. Muscovado sugar is widely used as an important energy source, constituting proteins and essential minerals for both, dairy and beef cattle. In the confectionary industry, the use of muscovado sugar has also increased as a source of natural sweetener along with flavour and aroma in candies, chocolates, and bars. Growing applications of refined sugar in bakery and confectionary is further pushing revenue generation in the overall muscovado sugar market. Moreover, increasing white sugar prices has shifted food manufacturers to look for substitutes, thus creating more and more demand for muscovado sugar in the food industry.
Global Muscovado Sugar: Market Segmentation
On the basis of type the global muscovado sugar market has been segmented as –
- Dark Muscovado Sugar
- Light Muscovado Sugar
On the basis of nature, the global muscovado sugar market has been segmented as –
On the basis of end use the global muscovado sugar market has been segmented as –
- Food and Beverages Industry
- Animal Feed Industry
- Biofuel Industry
On the basis of distribution channel, the global muscovado sugar market has been segmented as –
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Store
- Online Retailer
Global Muscovado Sugar Market: Key Players
Some of the key potential players operating in the global muscovado sugar market are Dhampur Green, Vanilla Food Company Inc., Billington’s, Tate & Lyle plc, Taikoo Sugar Limited., Nature Organic, Sugar Australia Pty Limited, Sugar Milling Co., Inc., TARDO Filipinas Inc., Raw Brown Sugar Milling Co., Inc and Zenxin Organic among others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Increasing demand for the natural ingredient is expected to escalate muscovado sugar market. Consumers, especially younger consumers, have a different perception on the food they consume. Being health conscious consumer demand for products that are healthy, all-natural, tasty, healthy and clean label has increased. Nowadays most of the consumers across the globe claim to have clean label food products. Muscovado sugar which is natural and is expected to play an important role in a number of food applications, particularly in the bakery and confectionery industry and hence growing demand for natural ingredient will play as a key opportunity for the manufacturers operating in muscovado sugar market.
- For instance, in 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO) released news stating a change in white sugar recommendations for adults, dropping 10% of the daily calorie intake to 5%, thus creating more and more demand for muscovado sugar in a number of food applications. Furthermore, in response to the growing consumer demand for natural and ethically sourced food products, a number of food manufacturers are focusing on bringing ingredients that are helping bakery and confectionery producers produce clean label and organic food products. This includes ingredients such as organic dark muscovado sugar.
Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the types, source and distribution channels of the segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the muscovado sugar market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the muscovado sugar market and its potential
- Market dynamics impacting the muscovado sugar market, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the muscovado sugar market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key segments, regions and by major muscovado sugar market participants
- Analysis of muscovado sugar supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the muscovado sugar market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the muscovado sugar market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.