Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market: Water Conservation & Management Need of Hour
- Increase in industrialization, rapid urbanization, and constant decline in per capita availability of water are placing a lot of strain on the available water resources to meet the overall demand
- Rise in gap between water availability and its demand is driving the attention toward the implementation of water management and conservation techniques
- Conservation of surface water and ground water resources can help tackle the rising problem of water shortages. Moreover, protecting the water quality from deteriorating would also be a major step towards water conservation and management initiative.
- Wastewater treatment helps in meeting these initiatives, enabling recycling and reusing of water for non-potable applications. This helps in meeting the demand and conserving water resources for non-priority applications.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Key Drivers of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market
- Growth in scarcity of freshwater sources is a key driver of the municipal wastewater treatment chemical market. Availability of freshwater has decreased significantly across the globe. Water pollution has increased exponentially over the last few years. Rise in industrialization and urbanization has boosted the volume of wastewater globally, making it one of the major concerns for sustainable development of the society.
- Increase in environmental concerns and rise in stringent regulations and legislations regarding wastewater are also key drivers of the municipal wastewater treatment chemical market. Governments and regulatory authorities have formulated and implemented various regulations to promote water conservation and reduce water pollution.
- Unlike some of the developed countries such as the U.S., Canada, and those in Western Europe, significant share of the overall wastewater generated from various industries in developing regions is discharged untreated or minimally treated into public water sources
- Increase in urbanization and rise in municipal wastewater generation are other major drivers of the market. Increase in population and growth in awareness regarding water pollution, water quality, and wastewater treatment are factors driving the municipal wastewater treatment chemical market.
High Capital and Operating Costs of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants May Restrain Market
- Based upon technology options and plant size, capital investment is a major and critical component in determining the wastewater treatment system to be employed. Advancement in technology and treatment solutions has not only resulted in high quality treatment methods, but has also increased capital costs significantly.
- The day-today operational cost of municipal wastewater treatment plants is also quite high. This can also restrain the market.
Recycle and Reuse of Treated Water to Provide New Opportunities to Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market
- Recycling of wastewater, primarily gray water, provides immense opportunities for reusing the treated water in several non-potable applications such as agriculture, landscape, public parks, and golf course irrigation
- Gray water is reusable wastewater from sources such as residential, commercial, and industrial bathroom sinks, bath tubs, shower drains, and clothes washing equipment drains
- Several water recycling projects are being developed to meet the demand for non-potable water applications; however, a number of projects utilize recycled water indirectly for potable purposes. These projects include recharging of groundwater aquifers and augmenting surface water reservoirs with recycled water.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market here
Asia Pacific Likely to Hold Major Share of Global Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market
Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global municipal waste water treatment chemical market in the near future. It is expected to be followed by North America and Europe. The region is one of largest producers of wastewater and has been implementing strict environmental policies regarding wastewater.
- Developing countries in Asia Pacific, especially China and India, are planning to implement advanced wastewater treatment and have invested and supported implementation of sewage treatment plants and wastewater treatment plants. Regulatory authorities have also enacted strict regulations for wastewater treatment and rainwater harvesting in their respective geographies.
- Rise in public awareness and government initiatives for municipal wastewater tretament is anticipated to boost the demand for municipal wastewater treatment chemicals in North America and Europe
- Increase in concerns about water quality and water availability in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to drive the demand for municipal wastewater treatment chemical market in these regions
Key Players in Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market
Prominent players operating in the municipal wastewater treatment chemical market include:
- Veolia Water Technologies
- Kemira Oyj
- BASF SE
- AkzoNobel N.V
- Feralco AB
Global Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market: Research Scope
Global Municipal Wastewater Treatment Chemical Market, by Type
- pH Adjusters & Softeners
- Biocides & Disinfectants
- Scale Inhibitors & Dispersants
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Others (including Defoamers and Sludge Conditioners)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.