The demand within the global municipal solid waste incineration market is rising in lieu of the earnest efforts made by government bodies and municipal associations toward waste management. The rising waste levels across urban centers has added to the concerns of the planning authorities. In order to maintain high levels of air quality and environmental cleanliness, it is essential to incinerate industrial, residential, and commercial wastes. Therefore, the global municipal solid waste incineration market is poised to attract increased revenues in the years to follow. Furthermore, government-sponsored projects for waste management have also played a key role in driving market demand.
- The global quest for waste management has engulfed all major regions across the world. Several countries have passed legislations with regard to efficient waste management and pollution control. Besides, the tremendous demand for improving the air quality index of industrial and residential areas also necessitates proper management of wastes. Therefore, the demand within the global municipal solid waste incineration market is slated to touch new heights in the years to follow. Incineration is a globally-recognized process for waste management and treatment. Furthermore, flue gas, ash, and heat produced during the process of incineration can be used in multiple other applications.
- The Scandinavian countries have set commendable examples for waste management and air quality revival. The use of efficient technologies for incineration in the region has played a key role in driving market demand. Furthermore, Canada is moving towards developing cutting-edge technologies for incineration of solid wastes. As this trend gathers momentum, other regions are expected to join hands in dealing the problem of excessive solid waste. Therefore, the municipal solid waste incineration market has a lucrative way ahead.
Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Market: Overview
Incinerator is the machinery used for generation of energy from combustion of waste. During the incineration process, several harmful waste materials are converted into gases, heat energy, and particles. These are later used for generation of energy in the form of electricity. The method also helps in the removal of dissolved gases such as carbon dioxide. This method is utilized in the activated sludge process in solid waste treatment facilities across the globe due to its reliability. Increase in significance of the incineration method is estimated to drive the demand. However, regional differences are expected to remain largely unchanged due to the varied expenditure on municipal infrastructure development in individual countries.
Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Market: Key Segments
The municipal solid waste incineration market can be segmented based on product, application, and region. Based on product, the municipal solid waste incineration market can be divided into moving grate, rotary-kiln, and fluidized bed. Moving grate is the commonly used combustion system. Rotary-kiln incineration is a two stage process consisting of a kiln and separate secondary combustion chamber. Fluidized bed incineration involves pre-sorting of the solid waste to remove heavy and inert objects, such as metals, prior to processing in the furnace. Based on application, the municipal solid waste incineration market can be segregated into municipal sewage treatment plants, residential complex, and others. Implementation of strict environmental regulations by municipal councils of various governments is one of the factors boosting the municipal solid waste incineration market. The municipal solid waste incineration market is estimated to expand significantly, as its penetration is increasing in most of the developing countries. Municipal incinerators also produce large amount of harmful gases such as furans, dioxins, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and gaseous hydrochloric acid. This is one of the restraints of the market. Incineration is an energy-intensive technology. This could prove to be a restraint, especially considering the rising energy prices across the globe. Thus, the municipal solid waste incineration market is exposed to risks from alternative sustainable technologies. Companies are carrying out technological advancements in order to lower the costs of incinerators.
Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Market: Regional Outlook
Europe and North America are the major regions of the global municipal solid waste incineration market due to rapid growth in construction and increase in urbanization. In North America, incineration is widely preferred in countries such as U.S and Canada. This has necessitated the use of advanced technology solid waste treatment systems, thereby driving the municipal solid waste incineration market. The Urban Solid Waste Treatment Directive in the European Union encourages countries in Europe to increase the usage of solid waste treatment facilities. Countries in Asia Pacific such as China, India, and Japan are rapidly emerging municipal solid waste incineration market. Rise in industrialization, decline in availability of clean water, high level of waste output by industries such as textile and pulp & paper, and low waste coverage are the key factors driving the global municipal solid waste incineration market. The municipal solid waste incineration market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand in the next few years due to the recovery from the economic slowdown. Countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar have invested significantly in development of the municipal solid waste incineration market.
Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Market: Key Players
Leading players operating in the municipal solid waste incineration market include Suez Environment S.A., Martin Gmbh, Covanta Energy Corporation, Wheelabrator Technologies Inc., and Brickner & Bratton Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.