Multiservice provisioning platform market introduction
- Multiservice provisioning platform (MSPP) has the ability of combining services and functions of different network elements into a single device.
- Multiservice provisioning platform combines SONET/SDH add-drop multiplexer (ADM) in the multiservice metro with capabilities of Layer 2 and Layer 3 IP by packet interfacing of Ethernet, fast Ethernet, and gigabit Ethernet.
- To optimize the use of high value metropolitan optical fiber, multiservice provisioning platform has additional features for supporting multiservice interface and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM).
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Key drivers of multiservice provisioning platform market
- In Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs), Ethernet has the ability to increase the network capacity in a cost-effective way. Also, it offers a wide range of services in a simple, scalable, and flexible manner.
- The key service offered by Ethernet such as connectivity to public Internet and connectivity between geographically separate corporate sites (LAN extension) results in high demand for Ethernet in the enterprise network.
- The multiservice provisioning platform has the ability to deliver a very strong Ethernet portfolio. Thus, the high demand for Ethernet connectivity services is accelerating the growth of the multiservice provisioning platform market.
Lack of standardization in the designing technology of multiservice provisioning platform hinders the market
- The interpretation regarding what a multiservice provisioning platform should comprise for the metro market widely differs among vendors, leading to much variations on the technology in the offerings of different multiservice provisioning platform vendors.
- It creates confusion among the end-user on deciding which vendor is offering better multiservice provisioning platform in the market. Thus, the lack of standardization in designing technology of multiservice provisioning platform hinders the growth of the multiservice provisioning platform market.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific to hold major share of global multiservice provisioning platform market
- Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the multiservice provisioning platform market. Significant presence of telecom equipment manufacturers in the region drives the multiservice provision platform market.
- Emerging economies, such as China and India, are investing heavily in the development of telecom infrastructure, which boosts the demand for multiservice provisioning platform in the region. Additionally, the increased in internet traffic demand and new concepts in MAN and WAN are driving the multiservice provisioning platform market.
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market - Competitive Landscape
- In 2019, TelemaxX Telekommunikation GmbH, a leading data center provider in Germany, deployed products from Ciena’s packet networking portfolio to ensure smooth rollout of Ethernet Business Services (EBS).
- In 2018, Ciena Corporation acquired Packet Design, LLC. The company provides network performance management software focused on Layer 3 network optimization, topology, and route analytics.
- In 2017, Cisco launched the new Cisco multiservice provisioning platform (MSPP)-on-a-blade card for the Cisco ONS 15454 multiservice transport platform (MSTP).
Key players operating in global market:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1984, Cisco Systems, Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. It is a multinational technology company, manufacturer, and developer of telecommunication equipment, networking hardware, and high-technology products. The company has introduced the concept of a local area network (LAN) to connect geographically distributed computers over a multiprotocol router system. In 1999, the company introduced the multiservice provisioning platform (MSPP) for the metropolitan market. The company offers a wide range of products and services in the multiservice provisioning platform market.
- Fujitsu Network Communications Inc.
Founded in 1996, Fujitsu Network Communications Inc., is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company is an innovator in optical transport technologies and connection oriented Ethernet. The company also provides SONET, WDM, and packet optical networking solutions. Fujitsu Network Communications Inc. is supported by Fujitsu Limited with approximately 175,000 professionals in 70 countries. In 1945, Fujitsu forayed into the telecommunication industry, as a manufacturing and official telephone developer company in Japan.
- Siemens AG
Founded in 1847, Siemens AG is headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company is one of the leading global manufacturers of resource-saving and energy-efficient technologies. The company is especially focusing on automation, electrification, and digitalization. Siemens AG provides a range of products for IP/Ethernet and SDH solutions.
- Ciena Corporation
Founded in 1992, Ciena Corporation is headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, United States. The company is a manufacturer of telecommunication networking equipment, and software and services. The company offers its solutions and services to communications service providers, cable and multiservice operators, Web-scale providers, submarine, network operators, governments, enterprises, research and education (R&E) institutions, and other emerging network operators.
Some of the other prominent players operating in the global multiservice provisioning platform market are:
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- ECI Telecom Ltd
- Sycamore Networks, Inc.
- Tellabs, Inc.
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market: Research Scope
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market, by Technology
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market, by Application
- Mobile Backhaul
- Business Services
- Network Infrastructure
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market, by Vertical
- IT & Telecom
- Others (Oil & Gas, Mining and Transportation)
Global Multiservice Provisioning Platform Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- SONET/SDH add-drop multiplexer (ADM)
- Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Gigabit Ethernet
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.