Multi-infract Dementia Market: Introduction
- Multi-infarct dementia (MID) is one of the major causes of memory loss among people. It occurs when a series of small strokes cause loss of brain function. The effect of MID depends on the part of the brain stroke has occurred. These strokes could occur without being noticed, hence doctors refer to them as silent strokes. Symptoms in the initial stage after the stroke could include confusion or problems with remembering words, wandering, or getting lost in familiar places. According to the National Institutes of Health, multi-infarct dementia is the second leading form of dementia, accounting for up to 20% of all dementia cases in people above 65. Multi-infarct dementia can be detected if proper diagnostic procedures are conducted at an early stage such as computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or any other computerized imaging technique.
- Presently, no treatment is available for multi-infarct dementia, nor drugs that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat it. However, medications are available which can be used to control specific symptoms such as antipsychotics (haloperidol, risperdal, olanzapine), beta blockers, drugs affecting serotonin levels (trazodone, buspirone), and stimulants (methylphenidate).
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Multi-infract Dementia Market
- Increase in the global geriatric population (over 65 years) is the major driver of the global multi-infract dementia market. Increase in cases related to heart failure, high blood pressure, diabetes, and atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries contribute to the growth of the global market.
- However, high cost of research and drug development for the treatment of multi-infract dementia acts as a restraint of the global multi-infract dementia market. Moreover, failure rates of clinical studies related to diagnosis and treatment are projected to hamper the growth of the global multi-infract dementia market.
- Pipeline drug development and non-pathological treatment methods which have shown positive signs in the treatment of multi-infract dementia are anticipated to create opportunities in the global multi-infract dementia market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Multi-infract Dementia Market
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global multi-infract dementia market in 2020. Unhealthy lifestyle is a major driver of the multi-infract dementia market in the region. Unhealthy lifestyle leads to diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes, which are the primary risk factors for multi-infract dementia. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Diabetes Statistics Report for 2020, cases of diabetes have risen to an estimated 34.2 million.
- Asia is expected to be the most lucrative market for multi-infract dementia treatment during the forecast period. The region has the largest geriatric population compared to other regions. The population is highly susceptible to multi-infract dementia. This is likely to boost the growth of the multi-infract dementia market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Multi-infract Dementia Market
- The global multi-infract dementia market is highly fragmented, with the presence of large number of key players. These players hold a major share in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global multi-infract dementia market are:
- Accelerys, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Celera Corporation
- Clarius Mobile Health Corp.
- GE Healthcare
- IBS Cybernics Centre
- Siemens Healthineers
- Other Prominent Players
Global Multi-infract Dementia Market: Research Scope
Global Multi-infract Dementia Market, by Diagnostics
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Neuropsychological Tests
Global Multi-infract Dementia Market, by Therapeutics & Medications
- Antipsychotics (haloperidol, risperdal, olanzapine)
- Beta Blockers
- Drugs Affecting Serotonin Levels (trazodone, buspirone)
- Stimulants (methylphenidate)
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Global Multi-infract Dementia Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Multi-infract Dementia Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.