Multi-Cloud SDN: Introduction
- The Software Defined Network (SDN) was developed to address the challenges of modern internet's increasingly fragmented network architecture. Users in an SDN multi-cloud environment can establish unified cloud-to-cloud connections via a direct, low-latency connection that avoids the public internet for added security.
- Using multiple storage services and cloud computing in single network architecture is called multi-cloud. This mentions the distribution of assets of clouds, applications, software, and other resources across various cloud environments. The purpose of a multi-cloud environment is to remove reliance on a single cloud with a classic multi-cloud architecture that also uses two or many public clouds and private clouds.
- The IT industry is witnessing a profound technological change faster than in the last two decades. Companies are also looking for new technologies to enable their hybrid and multi-cloud environments where the network is an important foundation for this transition.
- Using an SDN vendor to build multi-cloud environment opens up a whole new world of potentials for businesses facing challenges related to unreliable public internet, vendor retention, complex migrations, and deployment delays
- In combination with services of a colocation information center, SDN technology enables even the lowest start-up to access the extensive computing power that was previously only available to prominent companies
- The SDN platform offers a better application experience, reduces security risks, and operating costs of multi-cloud applications. Hence, the benefits of high scalability, cost efficiency, and reliability that multi-cloud SDN offers are expected to drive the market in the next few years.
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market: Dynamics
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market: Key Drivers
- The Great Cloud Wave, or the transition from IT applications to multi-cloud and hybrid, is driving the demand for new multi-cloud solutions that connect network infrastructure across cloud builds, which is estimated to propel the multi-cloud SDN market during the forecast period
- A major driver of the multi-cloud SDN market is CSP investments in SDN technology to automate the network infrastructure, important reduction in OPEX and CAPEX, which in turn is estimated to further propel the market.
- The market of multi-cloud SDN is projected to expand during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for cloud services, server virtualization, and data center consolidation
- Rising demand for enterprise mobility to enhance productivity for field-based services is likely to fuel the multi-cloud SDN market in the next few years.
- Expansion and new product launches would offer lucrative opportunities to the multi-cloud SDN market players in the next five years
- Extensive use of IoT technology fuels the need for connected IoT devices. Network infrastructure is required to meet all the requirements of these devices to provide adequate connectivity and to ensure application-based service delivery, which in turn is estimated to offer opportunities to the multi-cloud SDN market in the next few years.
- However, the SDN controller is an ideal attack surface that provides a hacker full control over the network, which in turn is anticipated to restrain the multi-cloud SDN market.
- Efficient transformation of existing technologies and traditional networks to SDN is an important task for all players in the software-defined networking market, which also restrains the multi-cloud SDN market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market
- In a short period, the COVID-19 outbreak has impacted customer behavior and markets and is having a significant impact on societies and economies
- With offices, manufacturing, and educational institution facilities closed for an indefinite time, the events and sports postponed, the social distancing, and WFH policies effects, organizations are increasingly looking for technology to help them get through these tough times
- Several large IT infrastructures deployed by major players must convert their network infrastructure to the work-from-home model. The peak use of a VPN for teleconferencing and the work-from-home model resulted in a significant increase on the Internet worldwide. IT infrastructure providers are moving to SDN.
- Hence, significant demand for multi-cloud SDN in various sectors during COVID-19 boosts the market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market
- The global multi-cloud SDN market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global multi-cloud SDN due to the early adoption of cloud-based networks and the presence of organizations with the adoption of the latest digital technologies. High internet penetration as well as initiatives by government agencies that are partially moving to the cloud to improve information services are also estimated to drive the multi-cloud SDN technologies in North America.
- The market of multi-cloud SDN in Asia Pacific is projected to expand during the forecast period as the region is home to several leading players in the networking industry. APAC is a market for investment that offers significant opportunities for the adoption of SDN infrastructures. China is the second-largest cloud computing market in the world. Companies in China employ the latest technology to keep pace with the global market competition. Government policy in China also encourages the adoption of cloud services in several sectors.
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market: Competition Landscape
- There are various key players are active in the multi-cloud SDN market such as Cisco Systems, Oracle, Dell, HPE, Alibaba, etc.
- Cisco enables companies to take advantage of the best of both environments and operate them as a unit using hybrid cloud architectures developed with leading public cloud providers.
- Oracle VCNs are private cloud systems that can be customized and run on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. The VCN, such as a traditional data center network, delivers customers full control over their cloud network environment. Assigning private IP address spaces, creating routing tables and subnets, and configuring stateful firewalls are all part of this process.
- Alibaba is China's largest cloud service provider and the world's fourth-largest infrastructure service provider after AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
Key players operating in the global multi-cloud SDN market include:
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- VMware, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Oracle Corporation Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation Inc.
- Nutanix, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Huawei Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited Inc.
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market: Research Scope
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market, by Deployment
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market, by Enterprise size
- Small and Mid-Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
- Defense and Government
- Energy and Utilities
Global Multi-Cloud SDN Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!