Global Mullite Market: Introduction
- Mullite, also known as porcelainite, is a rare silicate mineral. In the next few years, mullite is likely to be a material of choice in the areas including advanced ceramics and metallurgy, due to its unique mechanical and thermal characteristics.
- Transformation of clay into mullite generates a product enhanced with the characteristics required for refractory applications including low thermal conductivity, ideal creep resistance, optimal thermal shock resistance, and exceptional thermal stability. Mullite exhibits exceptional resistance to most chemical attacks, oxidation, and abrasion.
Key Drivers of Global Mullite Market
- Mullite possesses certain key features such as resistance to thermal shocks, chemicals, and creep. Owing to these features, the global glass industry is likely to witness high demand for mullite-based refractories between 2019 and 2027, for applications such as ports, burner blocks, checker bricks, and drawing chambers.
- Mullite bricks offer low porosity, high density, good hot strength, and good slag resistance. Mullite bricks are anticipated to witness significant demand for their use as refractory materials in manufacturing plants for ceramics, glass, and steel and iron.
- The usage of mullite facilitates controlled thermal expansion, enhanced mechanical strength, optimal shrinkage control, and enhanced whiteness of a ceramic body. Ceramic manufacturers are likely to witness high demand for mullite, particularly for its use in mullite-based chamotte clay used for production of sanitary-ware and floor tiles.
Global Mullite Market: Key Product Segments
- Based on product, the global mullite market can be divided into natural and fused. Fused mullite is likely to witness high demand during the forecast period. Fused mullite is manufactured in an electric furnace by fusion of high-purity alumina with high-purity silica in high-temperature surroundings.
- Fused mullite has characteristics such as low conductivity, exceptional resistance to thermal shocks, and resistance to deformation under load. A few notable areas of application of fused mullite are: refractories for glass and steel industries, kiln furniture, and spark plug bodies. It is applied as a shell building material in the investment casting process.
Global Mullite Market: Key End-use Industry Segments
- Based on end-use industry, the global mullite market can be divided into refractory, foundry, ceramics, building, electronics, and others
- The ceramic segment is expected to constitute a major share of the global mullite market during the forecast period. In the ceramic industry, mullite is particularly used for in-kiln furniture items such as kiln setter slabs and posts that support ceramic-ware during firing.
- The refractory segment is likely to witness substantial growth between 2019 and 2027. Mullite bricks are made of synthetic fused mullite or sintered mullite and they are fired in high-temperature furnaces. Mullite bricks are anticipated to witness high demand for high-temperature, high-load applications such as hot ends of regenerative chambers of glass melters, superstructures of furnaces, and arches of glass fiber melters between 2019 and 2027.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Regional Segment for Mullite Market
- In terms of region, the global mullite market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a prominent region of the global mullite market between 2019 and 2027. The region is likely to witness significant demand for mullite in sectors such as metallurgy, ceramics, construction materials, chemicals, electricity, and foundry.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Mullite Market
The global mullite market was fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- IMERYS Refractory Minerals
- Washington Mills
- Tianjin Century Electronics
- Kyanite Mining
- Engineered Ceramics
- Monofrax LLC
- Carborundum Universal Limited
- Ashapura Minchem Ltd
- MOTIM Electrocorundum Ltd.
- Orient Abrasives Ltd
Global Mullite Market: Research Scope
Global Mullite Market, by Product
- Natural Mullite
- Fused Mullite
Global Mullite Market, by End-use Industry
- Others (Including Agriculture)
Global Mullite Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!