Mulch Colorants Market: Overview
- Mulch is a layer of material applied on soil surface to improve fertility and health of the soil, retain soil moisture, reduce weed growth, and provide visual appeal. Various types of mulch materials are available in the market. These include rubber, crushed stones, woodchip, wood fiber, peat moss, grass clipping, leaves, pine straw, shredded wood, and arborist wood chips.
- Mulch is applied on existing plants or soil through the year. Flower beds need to be leveled and weeds need to be removed before application of mulch.
- Mulch colorant is used to color mulch materials. Mulch colors are produced with the use of iron oxides and carbon. Wide range of mulch colors are available in the market. These include red, yellow, brown, golden, black, and shades of different colors. These colorants are available in liquid and powder forms. Liquid colorants are used with coloring equipment, while powder colorants are employed during the grinding process.
- Colored mulch is an excellent decorative aid that is used on various areas. For instance, it is applied around the base of trees, parks, flower beds, golf courses, leisure parks, and landscaped areas of industrial sites. It is also applied on indoor shop window decoration and plant containers.
- Much colorants prevent soil erosion and water evaporation. They also restrict the growth of weed, and are used to add nutrients to plants.
Key Drivers for Mulch Colorants Market
- Growth in usage of mulch in commercial and residential spaces is a key factor driving the global mulch colorants market. Demand for mulch colorants has been rising in order to produce unique and durable mulch products.
- Innovation in products has boosted the global mulch colorants market. The usage of mulch colorants has been rising in public spaces, as they are high in esthetic value. This is a major factor boosting the global mulch colorants market.
- Increase in landscaping activities across the globe and rise in government investment in development of playgrounds are positively impacting the mulch colorants market
- Presence of toxic materials and heavy metals in mulch colorants and implementation of stringent environmental regulations are estimated to hamper the market during the forecast period
Iron Oxide Based Dye Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Mulch Colorants Market
- Based on product, the mulch colorants market can be segmented into carbon based dye and iron oxide based dye
- The iron oxide based dye segment is anticipated to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period. Mulch colorants are widely used in various public utility spaces such as walkways, public gardens, and building spaces. Increase in commercial construction activities is projected to boost the demand for mulch colorants.
- Mulch colorants prevent the growth of weed around mulched areas. They also help retain water and prevent soil erosion.
Gardens & Landscapes Segment to Account for Significant Share of Global Mulch Colorants Market
- Based on application, the mulch colorants market can be divided into playgrounds, office buildings, gardens & landscapes, residential, and others
- Gardens & landscapes is anticipated to remain the dominant segment of the global mulch colorants market during the forecast period. Mulch colorants are versatile and offer excellent properties such as UV resistance, soil enhancement, and reduction of weed growth.
- The residential segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in standard of living and rise in disposable income of consumers are key factors likely to boost the global mulch colorants market in the near future.
Europe to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global mulch colorants market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to constitute the major share of the market during the forecast period. Presence of large numbers of gardens and playgrounds is a key factor boosting the market in the region.
- North America follows Europe in the global mulch colorant market. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a pace during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by the market in Latin America.
Key Players in Market
The global mulch colorants market was fragmented in 2018. Major players adopt various key strategies such as development of new products and expanding their market reach by increasing their distribution network in emerging markets
Key players operating in the mulch colorants market include:
- Applied Minerals Inc.
- Sasco Chemical Group, Inc.
- CMC Mulch Products
- Earth Shades
- Florida Coastal Colors
- Milagro Rubber
- Sun Chemical
- T.H, Glennon Co.
- Mulch Manufacturing
- Jolly Gardener
- Britton Industries
- Seaside Mulch
- Mulch Manufacturing
- Prism Pigments
- Nature's Reflections
Global Mulch Colorants Market: Research Scope
Global Mulch Colorants Market, by Product
- Carbon Based Dye
- Iron Oxide Based Dye
Global Mulch Colorants Market, by Application
- Office Buildings
- Gardens & Landscapes
- Others (including Amusement Parks and Walkways)
Global Mulch Colorants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.