Motorcycle e-Call: Introduction
- Motorcycle e-call is the automatic dialing of an emergency call to the call center or help desk while a road accident occurs. An e-call can prove vital to provide safety to the rider of the vehicle in case of an emergency. This feature is gaining popularity in the two-wheeler vehicle industry.
- Rise in demand for safety features in two-wheeler vehicles is likely to boost the market for motorcycle e-call. Integration and development of e-calls require technical expertise in the automotive industry. Significant expansion of the motorcycle e-call market is attributed to an increase in the demand for rapid and automatic help to the bike rider in case of an emergency.
Key Drivers of Global Motorcycle e-Call Market
- Production of motorcycles and the demand for them is increasing at a significant pace in various countries across Asia Pacific, including India and China, Middle East & Africa, those in ASEAN, Nigeria, Egypt, and South Africa. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for motorcycle e-call.
- Enhancement of vehicle components, safety systems, and services provided along with the motorcycle is a key factor boosting the demand for motorcycles. Several key players are investing significantly in research & development and the integration of additional safety features in the motorcycle. Prominent motorcycle manufacturers are emphasizing on backward integration to develop components and systems for motorcycles in most regions.
- Demand for safety features in the motorcycle has been increasing consistently for the last few years. Demand for safety is for both, pedestrians and rider. The motorcycle e-call provides assistance to the vehicle ride in emergency situations and can prevents accidents.
- Lack of protection to both rider and vehicle is a major reason for the high fatality rate in motorcycle accidents. Careless driving by rider leads to accidents along with improper lane changing, which results in severe or injuries or fatalities. In this situation, the e-Call system for motorcycle decreases the response time in service, which leads to a reduction in fatality rate caused due to road accidents.
- Regulatory bodies around the globe are mandating several norms and regulations on vehicle and component manufacturers to enhance the safety of bikes and riders. Several key players in the industry are focusing more on development of advanced safety systems for motorcycles in order to comply with the norms enacted by these organizing bodies. Furthermore, major players are investing more to develop the motorcycle e-call system.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges of Global Motorcycle e-Call Market
- Cost of the motorcycle increases owing to the integration of additional systems and power electronics in the two-wheeler. Majority consumers in developing countries are price-sensitive, which restrains the market for motorcycle in these countries.
- Integration of these systems in the two-wheeler needs more precision and technology expertise. Therefore, additional efficiency is required for integration of motorcycle e-call, which hinders the market in developing countries.
Intelligent motorcycle e-call to provide positive opportunity to market
- Increase in investment by key OEMs in developing intelligent motorcycle e-call is likely to boost to market.
E China and India to hold significant share of global motorcycle e-call market
- The automotive industry in China is expanding at a significant pace. Demand for motorcycle for smaller commutes is high in the country. Availability of large consumer base, high preference for motorcycle as a mode of transportation, and affordability are key factors driving the motorcycle market in the country. Increase in number of motorcycles is driving the demand for motorcycle e-call.
Key Players Operating in Motorcycle e-Call Market
The global motorcycle e-call market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top motorcycle manufacturers and innovations by new startups in the development of safety systems to the vehicle. A few of the key players operating in the global motorcycle e-call market are:
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Valeo SA
- Federal Mogul LLC
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
- Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Marelli Holdings Co. Ltd.
- BMW Motorrad
- Honda Motorcycle
- Tenneco Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Motorcycle e-Call Market, Request for a Sample
Global Motorcycle e-Call Market: Research Scope
Global Motorcycle e-Call Market, by Vehicle Type
- Sports Bike
Global Motorcycle e-Call Market, by Service Provider
- Automotive Regulatory Bodies
- Tier 1 Suppliers
- Vehicle Manufacturers
Global Motorcycle e-Call Market, by Sales Channel
Global Motorcycle e-Call Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.