Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market: Introduction
- The motorcycle airbag system is effective in case of a frontal collision, where the rider is likely to be thrown forward onto the colliding object or other vehicle. The frontal collision, typically, constitutes around 68% of total motorcycle crashes, which can cause severe injury to the rider. The motorcycle airbag system absorbs the forward momentum of the rider and minimizes the chances of rider colliding with the other vehicle or object.
- The motorcycle airbag system comprises an airbag, crash sensor, ECU, and inflator to inflate the airbag, which is mounted/ anchored to the body and prevents severe injuries arising out of a frontal collision.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market
- Rise in sales of motorcycles, globally, as an affordable form of commute and leisure travel is expected to boost demand of motorcycle airbag system. The motorcycle is a highly preferred mode of transport in Asia Pacific. Rise in popularity of motorcycles in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to further drive the demand for safety systems such as motorcycle airbag system.
- Increase in demand for safety among riders and competition among motorcycle manufacturers is estimated to drive the motorcycle airbag system market
- The motorcycle airbag deploys only in case of a frontal collision and hence, does not provide safety to the rider in case of collision from the rear, side, or in case of a fall. Airbag vests or jackets are an inexpensive alternative to the motorcycle airbag system, which acts as a restraint to the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Demand for airbag module and inflator to rise during forecast period
- Manufacturers of airbag system components are moving toward vertical integration with airbag inflator suppliers undergoing forward integration to produce the airbag module and becoming competitors with their customers. The inflator is a vital component of the airbag system that inflates the airbag and hence, the inflator segment is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period
Silicone coated air bag system to witness major demand
- Silicone coating permits rapid deployment of the airbag and reduces air permissibility as compared to that of neoprene coated and uncoated airbags. Silicone coating offers high resistance to heat and pressure, which protects the airbag from damage caused by metal pieces caused by explosion of the metal canister to inflate the airbag. The silicone coated airbags are sturdy and efficient and hence, they are expected to witness higher demand in the motorcycle airbag system.
Nylon material to hold leading share of motorcycle airbag system market
- Nylon is widely preferred for airbags as they have superior energy-absorbing capacity, as compared to nylon. Nylon 6.6, Nylon 6, and Nylon 4.6 material airbags witness considerable demand and hence, the nylon segment is anticipated to hold a leading share of the motorcycle airbag system market.
Aftermarket segment to lead motorcycle airbag system market
- The aftermarket segment is likely to exceed the OEM demand during the forecast period, as the airbag system once deployed would need replacement
Asia Pacific to lead global motorcycle airbag system market
- In terms of region, the global motorcycle airbag system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe, together, are expected to account for a leading share of the global motorcycle airbag system market by 2027. Consumers in North America and Europe have high purchasing power and higher spending and awareness about safety systems. Asia Pacific recorded highest sales of motorcycles, globally, and consequently, offers significant opportunity to the market. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to a rise in safety concerns and increase in sales of premium motorcycles.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Motorcycle Airbag System Market, Request for a Sample
Potential Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. was the first to develop the motorcycle airbag system in 2005 and incorporated the same in the 2006 Gold Wing. The potential players for the motorcycle airbag system market.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- DENSO Corporation
- Joyson Safety Systems
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Toyoda Gosei Corporation
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Component
- Airbag Module
- Airbag ECU
- Crash Sensor
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Coating
- Neoprene Coated
- Silicone Coated
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Fabric
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.