Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market: Introduction
- The motorcycle airbag system is effective in case of a frontal collision, where the rider is likely to be thrown forward onto the colliding object or other vehicle. The frontal collision, typically, constitutes around 68% of total motorcycle crashes, which can cause severe injury to the rider. The motorcycle airbag system absorbs the forward momentum of the rider and minimizes the chances of rider colliding with the other vehicle or object.
- The motorcycle airbag system comprises an airbag, crash sensor, ECU, and inflator to inflate the airbag, which is mounted/ anchored to the body and prevents severe injuries arising out of a frontal collision.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market
- Rise in sales of motorcycles, globally, as an affordable form of commute and leisure travel is expected to boost demand of motorcycle airbag system. The motorcycle is a highly preferred mode of transport in Asia Pacific. Rise in popularity of motorcycles in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to further drive the demand for safety systems such as motorcycle airbag system.
- Increase in demand for safety among riders and competition among motorcycle manufacturers is estimated to drive the motorcycle airbag system market
- The motorcycle airbag deploys only in case of a frontal collision and hence, does not provide safety to the rider in case of collision from the rear, side, or in case of a fall. Airbag vests or jackets are an inexpensive alternative to the motorcycle airbag system, which acts as a restraint to the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Demand for airbag module and inflator to rise during forecast period
- Manufacturers of airbag system components are moving toward vertical integration with airbag inflator suppliers undergoing forward integration to produce the airbag module and becoming competitors with their customers. The inflator is a vital component of the airbag system that inflates the airbag and hence, the inflator segment is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period
Silicone coated air bag system to witness major demand
- Silicone coating permits rapid deployment of the airbag and reduces air permissibility as compared to that of neoprene coated and uncoated airbags. Silicone coating offers high resistance to heat and pressure, which protects the airbag from damage caused by metal pieces caused by explosion of the metal canister to inflate the airbag. The silicone coated airbags are sturdy and efficient and hence, they are expected to witness higher demand in the motorcycle airbag system.
Nylon material to hold leading share of motorcycle airbag system market
- Nylon is widely preferred for airbags as they have superior energy-absorbing capacity, as compared to nylon. Nylon 6.6, Nylon 6, and Nylon 4.6 material airbags witness considerable demand and hence, the nylon segment is anticipated to hold a leading share of the motorcycle airbag system market.
Aftermarket segment to lead motorcycle airbag system market
- The aftermarket segment is likely to exceed the OEM demand during the forecast period, as the airbag system once deployed would need replacement
Asia Pacific to lead global motorcycle airbag system market
- In terms of region, the global motorcycle airbag system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe, together, are expected to account for a leading share of the global motorcycle airbag system market by 2027. Consumers in North America and Europe have high purchasing power and higher spending and awareness about safety systems. Asia Pacific recorded highest sales of motorcycles, globally, and consequently, offers significant opportunity to the market. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to a rise in safety concerns and increase in sales of premium motorcycles.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Motorcycle Airbag System Market, Request for a Sample
Potential Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. was the first to develop the motorcycle airbag system in 2005 and incorporated the same in the 2006 Gold Wing. The potential players for the motorcycle airbag system market.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- DENSO Corporation
- Joyson Safety Systems
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Toyoda Gosei Corporation
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Component
- Airbag Module
- Airbag ECU
- Crash Sensor
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Coating
- Neoprene Coated
- Silicone Coated
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Fabric
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Motorcycle Airbag System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.