Motor Drive System Market: Market Overview
The innovative designs of the motor drive system enable the creation of a more reliable and precise control as well as drive system along with the highest efficiency of power. The motor drive system offers a unique feature of precise analog technology, for controlling torque, speed, and position. For accurate and real time motor control, these are also coupled with advanced processing of signals. The motor drive system also offer isolation ratings and the best isolation technology with increased lifetime. The motor drive system possesses innovative power, motor control and drives solutions that reduce the consumption of energy. They help in achieving the greatest efficiency of parallel integration and many advanced approaches; which switches the supplies and ultimately results in reducing the carbon footprint. The motor drive system also helps in boosting a manufacturer’s competitive edge and time to profit. New features in the motor drive system have made purpose drive setup and installation easier. Siemens AG is the pioneer company which has developed a solution for integrating inverter and motor of the electric car in a single housing. Prior to it, the inverter and motor were different and separate components. These are also responsible for converting a battery’s direct current into an alternate current for the motor.
Motor Drive System Market: Market Dynamics
The increasing demand for electric cars is fueling the growth of motor drive system market. The growing need for components with compact size in order to save space is also contributing to the market growth. The requirement for light weight components is another driving factor for the market of the motor drive system. The need to reduce the manufacturing cost for sustaining in the growing competition also triggers the motor drive system market growth. However, the high initial cost of investment is a restraining factor for the growth of the motor drive system market. The complexity and design in machine modeling are also challenging factor for the growth of the motor drive system market. Stringent government regulations pertaining to environment conservation coupled with a manufacturer’s own initiatives for sustainable development are creating the scope for the development of motor drive system market. This is attributed to the less power consuming feature of the motor drive system. The software to model and simulate control systems and complex motor algorithms coupled with the application, advanced and basic training; also widens the scope of the motor drive system market. One of the prominent trends in the global motor drive system market is the availability of customization to serve the specific needs of the customer. Companies are offering a broad portfolio of the motor drive system with a wide variety of sizes. Another prominent trend is the availability of effective servicing and replacement of all spare parts and the complete system itself; by most of the manufacturers. In automobiles especially in electric vehicles, the motor drive system is one of the cores and basic component.
Motor Drive System Market: Market Segmentation
The global motor drive system can be segmented by the following end-user industries:
- Ship Propulsion and Steering
- Industrial & Mining
Motor Drive System Market: Regional Outlook
The global motor drive system market geographically is segmented as North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe hold a significant market share of motor drive system market owing to the fully automated manufacturing processes. Furthermore, the increase in R & D activities related to aerospace and automobiles, wherein motor drive system is useful machine component, aids in boosting the growth of motor drive system market in the region. The market in the APEJ region is more inclined towards growing demand for motor drive system because of the increasing industrial automation.
Motor Drive System Market: Prominent Players
Some of the prominent players in the global motor drive system market are:
- Kaman Automation, Inc.
- Schambmuller GmbH
- Nidec Motor Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Hushcraft Ltd.
- Hemco Power & Control Systems Ltd.
- Hi Performance Electric Vehicle Systems
- Powersys Solutions
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Sprint Electric Limited
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?