Mooring Buoy: Introduction
- Mooring buoy is a floating object in seas used as a location indicator or as a warning point for ships. They are generally bright in color with considerable weight compared to general buoys. This weight works as an anchor, holding the buoy on the surface of the water. A mooring buoy has chains or loops attached to its top which floats on the water. These chains help ships or boats to remain at the same place.
- The global mooring buoy market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for mooring buoys mainly in developing countries across Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
Key Drivers of the Global Mooring Buoy Market
- Increasing number of shipments across different regions and growing trade through the sea route are the major driving factors of the global mooring buoy market. Several developing countries are increasing their investment in development of sea ports to boost their trade volume. According to the International Chamber of Shipping report, around 90% of the global trade is carried by sea as these routes are convenient for heavy and bulk goods, and ships also have large carrying capabilities and offer competitive freight costs.
- Technological development and product innovation also encourages the demand for mooring buoys. Increasing number of trading ships is a highly supportive factor for buoy manufacturers. Additionally, growing awareness about carbon footprint and increasing demand for eco-friendly transportation is leading to growth in demand for sea transport. Sea transport is the most carbon-efficient, eco-friendly form of goods transportation and it is far more efficient compared to road or air transport. This is also anticipated to surge the growth of the global mooring buoy market.
Increasing trading activities anticipated to offer attractive opportunities for mooring buoy manufacturers
- Increasing trading activities between developing and developed countries, and boost in industrialization and consumption is encouraging international trade which is expected to create lucrative opportunities for mooring buoy manufacturers in the near future. Several developed countries are also increasing their investment in sea ports to enhance trade through seaways which is also a major driving factor for the mooring buoy market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mooring Buoy Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Mooring Buoy Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global marine buoy market and is expected to retain this share in the coming years. Increasing trade activities across different emerging countries owing to increasing population and industrialization is boosting the demand for port equipment including mooring buoys. Also, supportive initiatives and policies offered by government bodies of countries across the Asia Pacific region is accelerating the development of port infrastructure.
- Europe and North America also show substantial growth in the mooring buoy market due to the increasing seaway trade activities and cargo transportation. Expansion and development programs pertaining to port infrastructure creates potential opportunities for product manufacturers. Major producers of mooring buoys offer an innovative range of products with technological advancement which is also anticipated to boost demand further.
- Increasing industrial activities and infrastructure development in Middle East & Africa, and South America is anticipated to boost the demand for mooring buoys during the forecast period. Governments of several countries in these regions are signing different free trade agreements which encourage mooring buoy manufacturers.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global mooring buoy market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15%–20% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global mooring buoy market are:
- CAN-SB Marine Plastics
- CMP Group Ltd.
- Griffin-Woodhouse Limited
- James Fisher and Sons plc
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Mooring Buoy Market: Research Scope
Global Mooring Buoy Market, by Product Type
Global Mooring Buoy Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Mooring Buoy Market, by Industry
Global Mooring Buoy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.